Attempted break-in via sliding-door

Dovestar

Anyone know why the scumbags that attempted to get into my copper bronze T6.1 van chose this method? They didn’t get in but caused a significant amount of damage. Currently looking at claiming via insurance for new door / repaint which seems to be the only way forward unless anyone has any other repair suggestions!? Brazenly done in a well lit car park at 8.30pm, seems they were disturbed. Wish they had‘t bothered!

IMG_3498.jpeg

Anyone know why the scumbags that attempted to get into my copper bronze T6.1 van chose this method? They didn’t get in but caused a significant amount of damage. Currently looking at claiming via insurance for new door / repaint which seems to be the only way forward unless anyone has any other repair suggestions!? Brazenly done in a well lit car park at 8.30pm, seems they were disturbed. Wish they had‘t bothered!

View attachment 221008
Jesus Christ - that's bad :cry:
I feel for you...

Maybe there is a vulnerability there - or there is on other vans but not on a Transporter which is why they didn’t get in?

A***holes either way.

Looks like they were trying to get directly to the latch that the bowden pulls.

Had mine done before, but they got in and robbed loads of kit.

I had to claim on insurance. (For the van repair, not the tools. They weren't covered)

Mine was a new slider and paint with new paint on panel either side of new slider... (So passenger door, slider, rear quarter)

After that, on the new slider I boulsterd the material thickness of the lock,catch,handle area with some top secret anti scumbag measures.

And added an external stainless steel plate by the handle to stop a repeat attempt.

Mines a panel van with tools, so that's why they went for it.

See here.

On the T6.1 the beldon cables aren't actually connected together unless the clutch fires because a crash is detected to address this risk.

So possibly they were trying to exploit a weakness in earlier arrangements which is why they didn't get in.

Doesn't help much fix the door though :unsure:

That's interesting.....

So the cable is there, but not physically connected to the catch when the van is locked? (Via a clutch?)

So they have fixed the beldon issue of the T6 in the T6.1?.. that's good if so.

Yep the normal operation is electrical, the cables are there from the handle and the latch but come to a clutch unit roughly in the middle of the door. If the crash condition is triggered it fires along with airbags so the doors can be opened mechanically in case the electrical system is damaged in the collision.

Oooh fancy.

I like that..... I did notice when I had a loan T6.1 van for 6weeks that the door handles were micro switches.

And that there was only one key barrel on the passenger door.

Nice... Have we got that doc in the download section?

What's it called and ref number?

Assuming is the T6.1 study guide?

View attachment 221008
Makes me feel sick just looking at it. Sorry for your troubles

Nice... Have we got that doc in the download section?

What's it called and ref number?

Assuming is the T6.1 study guide?
Yep SSP 705

Back