Are Devonports worth the cost??

LouisBalodis

T6 Pro
I have just notice on my purchase order that when I specified 17" Davenport alloys, they are going to cost me £750. I thought they were going to be free with my highline but I hadn't read closely. Does anyone have these wheels? Are they worth the cost or may I as well stick with the 16" claytons for whats its worth? Im not really (yet) one who is likely to go out buying after market alloys.

But maybe I should?

I think the 17 Devonports only come on the 180bhp or T32 otherwise you get 16 Claytons on a Highline. Personally I'd keep the 16s and buy aftermarket.... Don't forget to include the cost of tyres on top of aftemarket alloys though... It soon adds up!!!

You can get the Devonports on eBay for £700 with tyres so you could take the 16s for free then sell them and buy the Devonports.you won't get the same for your but could be £500 I have gone for the t32 so they come standard and I think with all weather tyres not fuel saving .But if they come on from the factory you won't get caught for extra on the insurance every year if you tell them?

Jeeps for the sake of less than £100 I think I'll stick with em. It's is a company van after all. I've literally only just ordered the thing and now its all I think about to the point I get a headache! My only saving grace is that I get to swap it in a few years. If it was my forever van I think i'd be pulling teeth out!

I looked at my agreed quotation last night and the bloody salesman forgot to put them on! We went through the checklist twice what a muppet! Fingers crossed he'll chuck em in for free. Failing that ill be stuck with the claytons :(

I ordered my T6 with the standard Claytons, bought a set of new Devonports off Simmo49 and sold my Claytons on Gumtree. So my Devonports cost me £60 in effect, worth a bit of effort in my opinion unless £750 is nothing to you in which case carry on!

I thought the 17" factory upgrade was a bit pricey. I specced 18" T5.1 Sportlines with Conti Sport 5 for £900 inc discount then sold my unused 16's for just under £600 on eBay. That made more sense to my bank balance when I took delivery in December. Declared to insurance and made no diffarence as fitted prior to delivery and standard wheel was "alloy".

Good idea to swap them straight away. Apparently they were just missed off and no chance of freebie. I think I shall do as some of you guys and try to pick up some 17's before the van arrives and get them to change the wheels at VW before the van is delivered

My caravelle came with these and i dont like them so there for sale. i bought a brand new set of Devonports and popped them on. so easy to clean.

245n0vn.jpg 10zd0yg.jpg

YES ORYX WHITE

Last edited:
I've still got the standard wheels on mine, do like the Devonports though.

The standard wheels aren't too bad to clean, they don't look dirty too with brake dust on black.

Looks like Oryx white?

I like the Devonports but can't make my mind up if to keep them or change. One day I think right they are staying and iam dropping it 40mm and then I see one come the opposite way with a set of nice rims and I am like no got to change them. I think if that were 18inch it would be a far easier decision.

Do factory fit 18s now come with a spare? They didn't on the T5.1. 17s come with one.

I like the Devonports too; way better finished than the old 17" Thunders which randomly scratched for no reason.

Do factory fit 18s now come with a spare? They didn't on the T5.1. 17s come with one.

I like the Devonports too; way better finished than the old 17" Thunders which randomly scratched for no reason.
I don't like the Devonports especially the plastic hub cap.

On the other hand I do like Thunders and mine never scratched except by a tyre fitter. Eventually I had them refinished Anthrecite and am going to carry them over to my T6 instead of the 16s which I will sell. I have picked up a brand new set of Thunders with tyres that are going on my T5 soon as it needs new boots.

The Thunders looked good and were easy to clean but when we sold the van, they were covered in scratches; none were scuffs or kerbing marks . Never worked out how they got there.

The Devonports are more polished. Not really fussed about wheel vanity but they are okay to my eyes; slightly more sophisticated looking which suits the van IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Back