Are Caravelle Seats comfier?

3RGK

VIP Member
I have heard these are comfier than transporter seats. Are they the same height(this is why i dont want car seats) and are they easy enough to fit? Anybody done this?

They are the same height/ shape (noting some are height adjustable and some are not) and use same 4 No bolts onto the metal seat base so changing them over is a super quick job. Hope that helps

Hi David, so they are exactly the same base/metal wise but they have a different foam/upholstery and sometimes extra comfort such as height adjustable?

Yes. Transporter, Caravelle, Shuttle and California single front seats are all interchangeable and can come in various specs such as height adjustment, lumbar, trim, armrests, factory swivel etc but they will all fit on the standard 4 bolt metal seat base.

The heights will all be the same, the only minor exception is the factory swivel (not to be confused with a bolt on aftermarket swivel plates, factory swivel mechanism is built into the seat) these seats do not have height adjustment but they have been designed for the standard base so only if you are extra tall or short would this potentially be an issue. Have a search on this forum and there are plenty of discussion threads on factory swivels.

The only ones im not 100% sure on is the electric seats but I would have thought these would be compatible across the range too, just obviously need all the electric wiring to make them work.

Do you have any particular seats in mind?

Personally, I have changed my front seats, swapped out 2017 T6 single seats for 2022 T6.1 ones with the factory swivels. Its a 5 min job to swap them over.

I have swapped from T6.1 transporter seats to T6.1 Caravelle leather/suede ones & would say the foam & bolstering is slightly deeper & better quality on the Caravelle ones.

They seem a lot comfier on longer distances.

As stated already height wise, adjustability (manual in my case), & mounting is the same

Back