Anyone using a Nextbase dash camera?

RyanGerry

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just about to buy a nextbase dash cam and wondering if anyone is using one and if so what model?

Yes a 312GW, does what it says on the tin. I’ve never had to pull data off it before but it seems to work reliably and is easy to detach from the mount.
I broke the suction cup, complained a bit to Nextbase and they shipped another one out despite it being out of warranty.

I have the 322 - halfords had an offer on and I got the rear facing camera for £25. Easy enough cable for a LWB.

(edited to correct model number)

Regards

Ian

Last edited:
Try
Had it for a couple of years now and they set up the app with Apple for the Southern Hemisphere when I asked for it! Great service.
Hard wired into roof lining.

Have a peek at this post re fitting. Easy peasy, along with an important “DO NOT“ about the airbag.

Linky

I’ve had a 512gw I think for about 2 years or so and it has been good but I needed pictures from it the other day. it hadn’t recorded as the battery is not charging as it is dead meaning when ignition is turned off it hasn’t any juice to write last images back to the memory card. This meant the images were lost that I needed. No great issue (it was just images of someone acting suspiciously) but worrying. Bought new batteries. Common problem if you google it.

Also found a sticky pad bracket on amazon instead of suction cup. Made it fit closer to the screen

Yeah must get round to fitting one in the van anyone had any dramas with the next base 522 I put one in my mk7 golf front and rear and it knocked out my DAB had it put a load of ferrit cores on to get rid of the interference

I just replaced the micro SD card as they don’t last. I see there is a new specific card available for dash cams which can take the repetitiveness of recording, much like CCTV hard drives.

I just replaced the micro SD card as they don’t last. I see there is a new specific card available for dash cams which can take the repetitiveness of recording, much like CCTV hard drives.

It’s a High Endurance Video Monitoring card.

Had a few over the years, unfortunately one of the biggest problems I have found.is that the batteries are rubbish. Only last about 6 months.

The problem is if you are involved in an incident which cuts the power to.your dash cam, its unable to write the end of the file so the information is lost. I'm not sure if things have improved since I last had one.

For those that hardwired your dashcam, where did you attached the negative terminal?? I am in the process of hardwiring mine (to a 6.1 Caravelle) but have found that VW had done a pretty good job of covering up every single piece of metal bodywork under the dash!

Just an observation which might be useful.
if you turn on the screensaver one option is for it to display the speed in either mph or kph.
we find this really useful, especially when in Europe, but if you place it up behind the mirror you can’t see it.
for this reason we have ours at the bottom of the screen.

Back