Anyone Know About Airtool Fittings?

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I picked up a nice compressor for peanuts a year or so ago from a mate who does clearances from bankrupt suppliers and haven't bothered doing anything with it so far. When I broke a cordless ratchet a few weeks back I decided to move onto using airtools and picked up a hose reel cheap from Lidl and mounted it on the garage ceiling. I looked at the ends to see what I'd need and bought an assortment of 1/4" BSP fittings from ebay, only to find that although it was the right size to screw into the compressor, the males were too small to fit into the hose females. After googling I found there were two types and one of them was called "Euro" or "Hiflow". Must be that one I thought, and ordered couple of those, only to find that the females were too small for the hose reel male. I've also bought a drier/filter which has arrived and looks to have yet another different fitting, almost square ended.

Can anybody point me in the direction of what fittings I need to get before I waste any more money? :confused:

Hi
You might need a reducing nipple fitting , if the hose is a bigger size , probably 3/8” bsp , or 1/2”

3F62617E-902B-46CC-83DD-8152F45C040F.png

Ok I see
I use pcm couplers on my compressor
Quite a common one
I would go to a place like machine mart where they sell them and you can see what you need

Hi again
I’m not sure what type of fitting that is
If it’s possible to unscrew the male fitting from the hose then I would convert all your fittings to pcm as it is the most common one

Hi again
I’m not sure what type of fitting that is
If it’s possible to unscrew the male fitting from the hose then I would convert all your fittings to pcm as it is the most common one
They're crimped on unfortunately. I've found some fittings on Amazon which one of the reviewers confirms is the right type to fit the Lidl/Parkside hose but they're £13.50 which was the same as the hose reel. Think I'm just going to have to junk it and get another one with more standard fittings. Not much of a bargain after all :(

You can cut the fitting off and use a hose adapter to 1/4” then use what you want, just fix on with a good quality jubilee clip

Hint:- use oetiker clips or ear clamps rather than jubilee clips. They work much better on the smaller hoses.
Thanks, I like the idea of those O clips, which size should I get for clamping onto an 8mm hose as they have 7-8.7mm or 8.3-10mm?

Your hose is 8mm ID (internal diameter) the hose will be somewhere around 12-15mm OD (outside diameter) the clips are sized by the OD of the hose they fit. You need to measure the OD of your hose.

Back