Anyone good with flywheels?

coullstar

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So ordered up a new flywheel for my TSI as part of getting the clutch all changed out and I may have screwed up with the wrong item however Im struggling to see what the difference is between what I have and what I need.

Anyone have any data or tech info to see the difference between the 2 or the original as a lot of info I've found seems to suggest it would fit.

I selected this one using T6 chassis - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/sachs/7884296 OEM number 06J 105 266 AG or 06J 105 266 AN
However it appears I need this one by selecting T6 Minibus - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/sachs/12794169 OEM number 06J 105 266 AP

Anyone know the technical difference?

I can return but it appears it needs to go back to Germany so would rather avoid.

My limited knowledge of VW's parts numbering system would say that each one of those is just a revision of the earlier ones.
For example the Aux belt tensioner is now at revision M, the part number has stayed the same throughout. 04L 145 299 but each revision should be able to be fitted in place of the one before, until the part number changes and then that part is no longer suitable for fitting where the previous part number was.
Your 06J 105 266 part number is now at revision AP, but the earlier revisions are still suitable to fit.

Makes sense, we use the part number revisions at work so seems logical.

Only thing for me is why would Autodoc not then sell the same most recent Sachs part number for both if they are compatible?

Have a look in Catalog VW TRANSPORTER go back to the start and search for your exact model and see if there is a part number that matches.
Under Engine/Crankshaft.Conrod.Bearings a 2018 7H-J-000 001 >> 2.0 ltr.petrol eng.+CJKA, CJKB is 06J 105 266 AF

Last edited:
There may be a difference depending on the PR code given on your Options sticker (under the steering column) , eg a 2020 Petrol engine with a PR code of G1C or G1D uses AF while a G0K uses a AP

Found that G1C/G1D is 7 speed Auto, G0K is 6 speed manual

Last edited:
Have a look in Catalog VW TRANSPORTER go back to the start and search for your exact model and see if there is a part number that matches.
Under Engine/Crankshaft.Conrod.Bearings a 2018 7H-J-000 001 >> 2.0 ltr.petrol eng.+CJKA, CJKB is 06J 105 266 AF
When I do it with my VIN it comes out with the AN version for the flywheel (2018). Confusing.

Makes sense, we use the part number revisions at work so seems logical.

Only thing for me is why would Autodoc not then sell the same most recent Sachs part number for both if they are compatible?

That is what I believed too, but it is not always the case. I came across this with a torque converter for a Cayenne 4.2 TDI, which is basically a Touareg. All diesel torque converters are part number 0C8323571. The suffix is the type. I.e. 0C8323571H is for the 3.0 V6, 0C8323571G is for the 4.2 V8. They're a completely different part.

It's fine other one on the way back and new one procured over £100 less and just delivered.

Back