Any runners here?

I have this, after a friend suggested it was good for him running in remote Perthshire. I bought the battery light instead of the rechargable as I like to be able to get new batteries from shops when away for multiday rides, where you can't always recharge. The only downsides are, the lower battery box cover clasp broke so it is not water proof, and the batteries don't last more than 6 hours if I use Lithium Energiser. Much shorter if I use standard batteries. But it provides great light and the battery box has a rotor dial you can spin to set the brightness. It's a shame the batteries are AAA and not AA, or the light would last longer with minimal bulk on the back of your head.

I’ve got this one, too. Mega powerful. Lasts ages. Extremely capable unit. Can recommend.

I was on the LEDLenser website and noticed they have a few lights discounted, so bought a second light. It's the H8R SE. It has a bright light, with three dimer settings and a strobe. The light is a rechargeable (takes the 18659 Lithium rechargeable battery) so I can buy spares for longer trips. The torch was discounted at 60% original price. This may explain why the battery was dead and took 6 hours to recharge - even using my OnePlus Warp charger. But it's comfortable and gives a great bright light.
IMG_20221229_181556.jpgIMG_20221229_182119.jpgIMG_20221229_181611.jpg

The only negative is the usb micro instead of a USB-C

IMG_20221229_182119.jpg

Attention runners !
My running days are sadly over due to knees and age. I had a great 10 years between the ages of 45 and 55, completing 2 marathon and several half's, 10k's and trail runs.
I have numerous technical tee-shirts from these runs and other charity ones which I was just going to take to the charity shop but, firstly, if anyone wants a job lot for training etc, let me know. Mostly Large or XL in various colours and designs. Posted at cost, £1 each.
Cheers
Sorry to hear about your injuries, have you considered using up your t-shirts?

It’ll be a great and practical way to celebrate your past achievements

I use the Silva Trail Runner, much like yourself I solely choose this based on the burn time and it does live up to its stated specs. Another reason it won me over is you can buy a version of the head lamp with the rechargeable battery, separate battery pack that’s accepts 3 x AAA but also accepts another rechargeable pack that they sell separately. This offered 3 different options that would outlast a stint throughout the night and may possibly cover 2/3 night outings without the need to worry about batteries or charging.

I need to purchase a second headlamp as I’m running in the UTS100k in 2023 and mandatory kit states 2 separate head torches. I’m thinking of purchasing the LED Lenser NEO9R but undecided yet.

yeah this is what I have. and chosen for exactly the reasons you mention - spare battery options.

- the UTS looks brutal, looks like it goes over Crib Goch huh??

Hows everyone finished off the year? Did a 7mile trail race today with a few other runs scattered throughout the day and finished the year on 1250miles.

Got some big runs planned for 2023, need to beat my 2022 milage now haha

yeah this is what I have. and chosen for exactly the reasons you mention - spare battery options.

- the UTS looks brutal, looks like it goes over Crib Goch huh??
Funny you mention, just thought I’d check in on the forum notifications before heading to the UTMB website to find the .gpx or map for this years route. I believe it does pass over crib goch, really excited for this but need to plan everything else in around it now!

I believe it was mentioned in an earlier post but what has everyone got lined up in terms of races for 2023?

Hows everyone finished off the year? Did a 7mile trail race today with a few other runs scattered throughout the day and finished the year on 1250miles.

Got some big runs planned for 2023, need to beat my 2022 milage now haha
Nicely done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I started running quite late in the year as I spent a lot of time climbing in the first 3/4 months. Active for 101 days, 914 miles with 92,100 ft of elevation.

Finished off the year with our yearly trail run, a friend marks out a course and we do laps between 4am - 10am, who ever covers the most ground wins the end of year trophy. Managed to cover 37.3 miles with 6286ft and got 2nd spot for the morning!

Anyone running the Arc of Attrition at the end of Jan?

I took part in my local ParkRun on the 1st Jan with three others from my Jog Scotland group.

I also received a message from LEDLenser asking for my address as they have covers for their battery boxes which they are sending out to me free of charge! Great service from LEDLenser!

I took part in my local ParkRun on the 1st Jan with three others from my Jog Scotland group.

I also received a message from LEDLenser asking for my address as they have covers for their battery boxes which they are sending out to me free of charge! Great service from LEDLenser!
how did you enjoy Parkrun @DaveCrampton?

how did you enjoy Parkrun @DaveCrampton?
It was fine. I just jogged with a couple from my Jogging group. I didn't bust a gut, just ran slow to get round.
I have done what most blokes do, ran on my own in my 20s and then after 10 years off started cycling/commuting for around 10 years. After a 2 year break during Covid (worked from home) I started back cycling but as my commute is from my bedroom to my living room I have no need to cycle before work, so started an evening jogging group with a bunch of locals, as a way of getting fitter for my hobbie which is long distance cycling (Audax). One of the other Jog Leaders also runs ParkRun so I joined in on their New Year run.

Finally my British Athletics Leader in Run Fitness license arrived. I'm now officially a Jog Leader, with may local Jog Scotland group. Plus on receipt of my proof, my local council have paid into my account £65, half the cost of the course, as they have funding towards qualifications which are used to help local public activity groups.

fantastic stuff @DaveCrampton :cool:
I'm supposed to be doing mine so I can help out at our running club, just need to get me @rse into gear!!
- great that the local council have contributed also :thumbsup:

glad you enjoyed Parkrun too - have you been back since?

fantastic stuff @DaveCrampton :cool:
I'm supposed to be doing mine so I can help out at our running club, just need to get me @rse into gear!!
- great that the local council have contributed also :thumbsup:

glad you enjoyed Parkrun too - have you been back since?

Hi Trouts,

I did three last month but I'm also taking a progression Sea Kayak course so one of Jan weekends was taken up with that, and last weekend I rode my first Audax as a qualifier for the Paris Brest Paris Audax in August. I was supposed to run my fourth last Saturday but the other Jog Leaders took me along to a local PDT quiz and disco night and I got so drunk I couldn't function on Saturday....

Yeah it was Lostock 6, i got stuck at the back to start with and then had to make up time, got a 1mile and a 5K PB out of it though!
bloody 'eck!! that was a rapid time fella!! great stuff :thumbsup:

Back