Any runners here?

Ambrose

T6 Pro
Just out of interest, are there any runners in the group?

We recently launched an app called teemup which let's you take part in a race from anywhere by just using your smartphone. We're hosting a series of mid-week summer races with live commentary, it's free to join and if you give me your names then I'll make sure to give you guys a shout out mid race!

1625233995316.png

Yes, I enjoy a good run, not so keen on the running gadgets though so this isn’t for me.

Yes, I enjoy a good run, not so keen on the running gadgets though so this isn’t for me.
Yeah, I wonder if there's a possibility for a T6 Forum get together run when all this covid business is over...

Big time Parkrunner. Can’t wait for the summer so I can get in the van and tour a different Parkrun every weekend around the country.
I am not a parkrunner but I do attend different races up and down the country with the van. Nothing better than having a nice warm van to get ready before the race, and somewhere to get changed and have a cuppa afterwards....

I love to run, get out for a 10k most days and occasionally go to half marathon distance. I keep thinking about doing some sort of race/event but I've been at it for well over ten years now and never struggled for motivation as a solo pursuit but I think I might sign up for something when it's all back on. I think it's probably my therapy more than anything, get well grumpy if I can't run for a while. Trail running is something that appeals but just scared of blowing out my knee again as one of them has already had fairly extensive surgery.

I am not a parkrunner but I do attend different races up and down the country with the van. Nothing better than having a nice warm van to get ready before the race, and somewhere to get changed and have a cuppa afterwards....
Absolutely. Can’t wait.

Just taken to fell running after triathlon dropped off the map last year. Just finished my first 52 mile ultramarathon so well and truly recovering at the minute. Looking forward to getting back into Park Run and small local trail races.
52 mile ultramarathon - that's a phenomenal achievement, well done. Going back to running a park run must feel like just a warm up lap!

Most definitely the hardest thing i've put myself through. Training mostly consisted of weekend long runs (10-20 miles) in the peak district. Can't beat the solitude of running solo in the hills getting muddy.

I don't think I could even think about running half marathon distance and only being a quarter of the way round.

I don't think I could even think about running half marathon distance and only being a quarter of the way round.

dunno which is worse - that or having already ran a marathon and knowing you've got another one to go!

All of this is true! It gets to a point where it's less about fitness and more about mentality. For me it was just ticking off checkpoints and thinking - how far to the next one!

I only ran to 24 miles in training so it really is mind over matter.

Just taken to fell running after triathlon dropped off the map last year. Just finished my first 52 mile ultramarathon so well and truly recovering at the minute. Looking forward to getting back into Park Run and small local trail races.
great effort that!!
- which one did you do??

Back