Any runners here?

Bought a pair of Hoka Goat Speed 5 trainers. Also completed the Athletics UK Leader in Run Fitness, so I can contribute to the Jog Scotland group I run with.

aaaah great news!! congrats on the run leader thing :inlove:
- and also on the new shoes (not my favourites but know plenty of people that love them) fingers crossed they help with the aches and pains!

I had speedgoat 4’s and they were really comfy! Just swapped to innov8 flyultra g300 as needed some new shoes and they came up cheap, done 2 runs and they seem ok.

I had speedgoat 4’s and they were really comfy! Just swapped to innov8 flyultra g300 as needed some new shoes and they came up cheap, done 2 runs and they seem ok.
aye Inov8 fan here too.
not tried the Ultra styles yet though...

went for them as they are meant to be good for longer distance and I've got more ultra's planned in 2023

yeah i've heard good reviews...
you'll have to let me know what you think?

I'm absolutely loving the hoka tecton x at the moment, have ran 30+ miles in the no problem which is amazing for a fast paced shoe.
Not the best in the mud though, so track/well routed run shoe for sure.

I'm absolutely loving the hoka tecton x at the moment, have ran 30+ miles in the no problem which is amazing for a fast paced shoe.
Not the best in the mud though, so track/well routed run shoe for sure.

aye they look a nice shoe too...
Hoka's are too narrow for my stubby wide plates though :p

Last edited:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality running head torch?

Ideally something where I can toggle the light output for unlight roads and trail running.

But I would also like something that has a decent battery runtime so it can double up as my prinary touch during multi-day hikes.

I have been looking at the Olight brand, especially the Perun series which looks pretty flexible with the magnet in the base so can be stuck to our van when camping.

I have this, after a friend suggested it was good for him running in remote Perthshire. I bought the battery light instead of the rechargable as I like to be able to get new batteries from shops when away for multiday rides, where you can't always recharge. The only downsides are, the lower battery box cover clasp broke so it is not water proof, and the batteries don't last more than 6 hours if I use Lithium Energiser. Much shorter if I use standard batteries. But it provides great light and the battery box has a rotor dial you can spin to set the brightness. It's a shame the batteries are AAA and not AA, or the light would last longer with minimal bulk on the back of your head.

Thanks all.

I have to say the Petzl ones, especially the Swift RL have impressive burn times for their size. I hate buying from Amazon, but they're quite a bit cheaper than everyone else. I really like the idea of the red light on the back of the head strap but can't stretch to the Nao RL.

So I've now shortlisted the Petzl Swift RL and the Olight Array 2S.

Thanks all.

I have to say the Petzl ones, especially the Swift RL have impressive burn times for their size. I hate buying from Amazon, but they're quite a bit cheaper than everyone else. I really like the idea of the red light on the back of the head strap but can't stretch to the Nao RL.

I got my RL from the tax avoiding f***ers.

Thanks all.

Silva are the other ones worth looking at, generally comparable to Petzl...

Not sure if any of you follow my not for profit cap company called Attain, but we are just about ready to set a date in mid Jan for the relaunch, 15+ new caps under the new branding. While I’ve shut shop I’ve been busy designing the new branding and focusing on some collaborations and partnerships.
I’ve started working with Strava and supported them at the London year in sport press event. Lots and lots planned for 2023!
If you need a new cap remember to check Attain out :thumbsup:
69580BD9-1418-4274-97BB-EBC18562E630.jpeg

3DB91B38-2A9F-4DE7-A854-1A5028E943EA.jpeg

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality running head torch?

Ideally something where I can toggle the light output for unlight roads and trail running.

But I would also like something that has a decent battery runtime so it can double up as my prinary touch during multi-day hikes.

I have been looking at the Olight brand, especially the Perun series which looks pretty flexible with the magnet in the base so can be stuck to our van when camping.
I use the Silva Trail Runner, much like yourself I solely choose this based on the burn time and it does live up to its stated specs. Another reason it won me over is you can buy a version of the head lamp with the rechargeable battery, separate battery pack that’s accepts 3 x AAA but also accepts another rechargeable pack that they sell separately. This offered 3 different options that would outlast a stint throughout the night and may possibly cover 2/3 night outings without the need to worry about batteries or charging.

I need to purchase a second headlamp as I’m running in the UTS100k in 2023 and mandatory kit states 2 separate head torches. I’m thinking of purchasing the LED Lenser NEO9R but undecided yet.

Attention runners !
My running days are sadly over due to knees and age. I had a great 10 years between the ages of 45 and 55, completing 2 marathon and several half's, 10k's and trail runs.
I have numerous technical tee-shirts from these runs and other charity ones which I was just going to take to the charity shop but, firstly, if anyone wants a job lot for training etc, let me know. Mostly Large or XL in various colours and designs. Posted at cost, £1 each.
Cheers

Back