Any runners here?

....and I only run when expenses are covered and I get 10% of the street value.

Got Race to the Stones on Saturday. 100km along the Ridgeway. Watlington to Avebury stones. I’ve stuck to the training programme but haven’t attempted anything like this before. Just hoping it stays relatively dry

Got Race to the Stones on Saturday. 100km along the Ridgeway. Watlington to Avebury stones. I’ve stuck to the training programme but haven’t attempted anything like this before. Just hoping it stays relatively dry

All the best for Saturday! We had thunderstorms and downpours for a good 10 hours of my run at the weekend, I think I would prefer that over the hot, sticky stuff we've got at the moment though!

All the best for Saturday! We had thunderstorms and downpours for a good 10 hours of my run at the weekend, I think I would prefer that over the hot, sticky stuff we've got at the moment though!
definitely!!

and yes, good luck. that series sound excellent - know a couple that did race to the castle a coupla weeks ago.

The virtual one was to complete it in a month, which I thought was good as it was lock down it gave people the opportunity to get out and do running/walking and have a nice medal at the end of it.

I did the virtual spine race which is 268 miles again which had to be completed in a month, but done it in 20 days.

image.jpg

I did the virtual RTTS last year over 4 days after work each day. 16miles/day and it was hard going running solo.
This years event was well organised with lots of Marshalls and water/food every 10km. The weather was perfect. Took me a long time to recover though

I got my first half coming up in a few weeks seems like a pretty short sunday stroll now looking at some of these events !
It can seem short or long depending on how hard you go really. For your first one just take it steady, enjoy it and you'll be fine. It'll also give you a nice benchmark that you'll be able to absolutely smash when you do your next one.

It can seem short or long depending on how hard you go really. For your first one just take it steady, enjoy it and you'll be fine. It'll also give you a nice benchmark that you'll be able to absolutely smash when you do your next one.
Will be interesting to see whats its like running with all those other people, i wont be setting any records as im not exactly what you would call athletic, have done the distance a couple times in training but only on flat smooth surfaces in good weather etc so defo gonna be an experience, im putting myself in the 2-2:30 category and hoping to finish with a time in the middle of that zone somewhere ?

Last edited:
@Mike Dean will be picking up a bucket hat in due course. This thread got me thinking its time to replace my old Inov8 F-lite trail shoes. Never really liked the fit and interested to try the latest fad of more cushioning. Run mainly around the south downs with the odd muddy forest section, door to trails. So whats everyone using these days??

For light terrain I use Hoka speedgoat but for more boggy conditions I use the Hoka jawz. Again it’s personal preference, I was along time user of New balance but about 7 years ago I started to suffer with Achilles issues, loads of research later and I tried Hoka, since then I’ve not changed. I did try a pair of Altra torin plush 4. But as a zero drop shoe gave me more issues.

I've had the Inov8 trailroc 245 but they pinched a bit, so got the Roclite 280 and they've been great, really grippy on trails with loose rocks and performed relatively well in the mud too.

I've recently having achilles issues too and swapping for the Hoka Cavu3 really helped, I do lose a lot of the ground feel as I am used to minimalist shoes but they are comfy

Back