Any reviews on Kiravan swivel safe?

$immo

Built not Bought
T6 Guru
hi guys, I'm looking at installing one of these in my T6, has anyone fitted one? What do you do with the cables under the passenger seat and the big connector blocks. Do they end up being inside the safe?

Cheers in advance for any feedback or reviews. Simmo.

With a lack of response I went ahead and ordered the seat swivel with a safe from Kiravans. I have attached some pics of it installed in my T6 today.
I wouldn’t give it 5 stars as there are a couple of issues that could easily be fixed by Kiravans to make this a 5 star product. As you know the seats have 2 studs at the front and 2 threaded holes at the rear. The safe seat swivel comes with just holes. So out of the box you immediately realise you need to go and buy some bolts and nuts to fix the seat to the base. It would be much easier if they were supplied in the box, especially at £188!
You will also lose the lower seat cubby holder that is on the original base, there are no fixings on the kiravan safe base to fit it back on.

The safe door is loose when it is shut, it rattles around as if it needs some rubber pads on the inside to make a snug sealed fit. This would of really bugged me if I hadn’t had already planned on carpeting the base, hence filling in the gap with carpet.

Overall though the swivel at the moment is creak free and appears very solid, I chose this one as it keeps the original height of the seat as the swivel is included so no additional plate to raise the height of the seat. Also I am not having anything under the passenger seat so it made a useful space for a secure safe.

I have fitted a Kiravans double seat swivel. All the electrical bits go under the mat. There is plenty room for it and the seat swivel is raised away from the floor so as not to crush the cabling and connector block.
I am living with it for now and thought it would be a good idea to have the double seat turn round to face the inside of the van. Its easy to turn once the hand break is released!!! Not sure we will keep it for long. There is only the 2 of us.

Cheers

What about the bunch of cables @$immo, any issues there..where did you shove them? I’ve got got a single pass seat T6 I want to fit a safe to
Thanks

I just tucked the cables inside the safe, there is hole in the bottom. I still have the safe, stick valuables & docs in there. Swivel has been fine, did develop a slight squeak but gave it a spray of oil and all good.

Hey @$immo. Just wondering if you're still happy with the swivel or has it developed any issues over the year?

Hey @$immo. Just wondering if you're still happy with the swivel or has it developed any issues over the year?
My one, I fitted in 2017, it's still there... I have replaced the lock barrel as I lost the key, then found the key a week after I changed it. It's a standard lock fitting so no drama.
Still good, no issues with swivel, still operates smooth. I carpeted mine, not sure it's to everyone's taste?

Attachments

• IMG_20171007_180234.jpg
    IMG_20171007_180234.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 6
Great to hear regarding the swivel. I was planning on carpeting mine too, should blend it in with the carpets more and soften any rattles hopefully. I'm now going for the CMC Swivel Safe version as Kirvans appear to be out of stock. But they 'appear' identical. Hopefully performance is similar. Thanks again for the feedback.

Back