Any recommendations for Lizard Point / Lizard?

iDixonn

T6 Pro
We are in the van for 3 days in Lizard and then onto Croyde for 4 nights (I know Croyde very well), i have never been to Lizard, any recommendations would be great.

Depends if you are looking to stay on/around the lizard
If you are then there are some nice coastal spots there, Porthleven and Kynance cove are popular
The south west coast path wraps pretty much the whole of that peninsula so a fair bit of walking if you like the sea breeze

If you are going further afield and have kids then flambards is in helston and not that far away
You have St Michaels Mount at Marazion which is a national trust place with olde building/gardens if your into that
Further again is Minack theatre and Lands End if you have never been ?

There’s a farmers field that has been opening up just outside Lizard, easy walking distance.
There are a couple of campsites near Kennack Sands with off road short walks to the beach.
West of Lizard is one of my favourite parts of the Cornish coast, I often do a one night stay in the village car park as do quite a few others. Not permitted according to Cornwall County Council, I’m sure the local shops don’t agree.
The best way to see Cornwall is by walking the cliff path.

No recommendations for Lizard but I am jealous of your trip to Croyde! We've been there every year for the last 11 but have had to make other plans this time round. We may manage a long weekend in September with a bit of luck.

Back