Any power washer gurus.

Proberts

T6 Guru
Hope someone can help. I have a stihl RE88 power washer and the nozzle has given up and died. I priced a new nozzle and jeez, £40 !!! Machine only cost £120. I found out that Nilfisk own Stihl or vice versa and the Niflisk nozzle looks very similar but a fraction of the price of the Stihl one. It even has the same blue dot on the nozzle. Does anyone know if the Nilfisk will fit the Stihl ?

Hold fire - I have a brand new Nilfisk hose, lance, nozzle etc - I purchases a second machine and my original lance was fine so carried on using it. I can dig it out and get some pics tomorrow.

Ian

Hold fire - I have a brand new Nilfisk hose, lance, nozzle etc - I purchases a second machine and my original lance was fine so carried on using it. I can dig it out and get some pics tomorrow.

Ian
Cheers Ian.
That would be great. All the photos of the nozzles I see for the Nilfisk are identical to the Stihl nozzle. Crazy difference in price too.

Problem solved. The stihl nozzle fits perfectly in to a nilfisk washer. Popped to b&q where they sell nilfisk to try my nozzle and voila, it fits. That will save me a minimum of £30 every time I buy a nozzle. Seems stihl are ripping us off as well.

Is it the same pressure rating? Mix and match with high pressure components could prove painful.

Problem solved. The stihl nozzle fits perfectly in to a nilfisk washer. Popped to b&q where they sell nilfisk to try my nozzle and voila, it fits. That will save me a minimum of £30 every time I buy a nozzle. Seems stihl are ripping us off as well.
Apologies - I forgot about this doh!!

Is it the same pressure rating? Mix and match with high pressure components could prove painful.
As far as I know yes as all the component parts for stihl fit nilfisk. It fits all nilfisk machines apart from one model as that is a totally different fitting all together. Ordered one now so when it arrives, I'll give it a go. If it doesn't, it's only £11 gone.

Just to let you all know, the nozzle turned up today and worked an absolute treat. Exactly the same as the Stihl one but at a quarter of the price. So if anyone has a stihl pressure washer, the nilfisk nozzles will work.

Back