Another New T6 Owner

Mccoatup

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Thought it was time I introduced myself as I have been lurking around the forum for a while to help me figure out what spec T6 panel van to buy and to get conversion ideas. It's certainly been a great help for that, so thanks very much to Forum members. I am now the proud owner of a T6 150ps DSG panel van and will be joining Team Red! I have a 130cm Titan bed going in next week prior to full conversion starting soon. That width of bed brings challenges in terms of available space for the cooker/sink etc but I'm working on it! Part of the fun is trying to work out how to squeeze a quart into a pint pot.
I live in Southsea, and retired last Christmas, so have a bit more time now to spend on/in my mobile manshed. I last had a VW campervan in the early 90's and loved it, although it was abominable to drive - a 1974 T2. I had it for 10 years and sold it for more than I bought it for, the only vehicle I have ever owned where that was the case. Let's hope the T6 is the same, although I have no intention of selling it!

Hello and welcome!! Bet you wish you still had that old T2 now - be worth a small fortune relative to its age.

Yes it probably would, although it was rusting away quite badly when I sold it. Bought it for £1700, used it for 10 years and sold it for £1850 I think. However I couldn't cope now with the lack of power steering or power brakes, no effective heating, and exhaust fumes in the cabin. Not to mention the atrocious handling. Was not so much a vehicle as a way of life though. And I did enjoy all the waves from fellow T2 drivers. Will be interested to see
how the T6 community responds to waving!

Thanks for the welcomes, chaps - good to be part of the VW scene again. Had forgotten I had used the name 'Angus' when signing up - Has been my nickname for 40 years (only because I'm Scottish) and then some wag decided my 2nd name should be McCoatup (as in 'ang us my coat up), so neither is my real name but at least I can be sure I won't get confused with anyone else on the forum!
I am having the Titan bed fitted to my bare van tomorrow, so a round trip from Southsea to Shrewsbury for me. My daughter has a condition which makes her feel the cold very easily, so this is going to be the first Titan bed they've built with an electrically heated seat pad inside it! Heater pads were £20 from eBay, so hasn't exactly broken the bank. With a bit of luck, the rest of the van should get converted in June, (with the bed taken out and reinstalled once the floor's in).

Welcome, I'm finding, new to t6 ownership, the mod shopping list is endless and lots of fun:)

Thanks for the welcomes, chaps - good to be part of the VW scene again. Had forgotten I had used the name 'Angus' when signing up - Has been my nickname for 40 years (only because I'm Scottish) and then some wag decided my 2nd name should be McCoatup (as in 'ang us my coat up), so neither is my real name but at least I can be sure I won't get confused with anyone else on the forum!
I am having the Titan bed fitted to my bare van tomorrow, so a round trip from Southsea to Shrewsbury for me. My daughter has a condition which makes her feel the cold very easily, so this is going to be the first Titan bed they've built with an electrically heated seat pad inside it! Heater pads were £20 from eBay, so hasn't exactly broken the bank. With a bit of luck, the rest of the van should get converted in June, (with the bed taken out and reinstalled once the floor's in).
Sounds like you got nicknamed at work then. I got called Murphy, I was born in the UK but Irish parents it's stuck for over forty years. My wife hates it

Back