Another Dpf Light, So I Did Some Research.........!

Allan A

204 DSG LWB Kombi 4motion. Sports day/weekend van
VIP Member
T6 Pro
So got my first DPF warning light after owning my T6 for almost exactly a year I therefore checked book;

1.if poss go to VW service centre if running correctly
2. If not or alternatively call VW assist

Ok that seemed fairly clear, took it to VW service centre. “Sorry sir we can’t do anything now earliest booking two weeks!”

He said I’d be fine until then but if anything changes call VW assist. Nothing did, took it in and after one day they stated, nothing showed up on scan, VW state no other symptoms just reset and keep an eye on it.

So a wasted day but it got me thinking about DPFs so a bit of internet research followed, it’s all very technical but I did find this link on YouTube which was both enlightening and funny. It is by an Australian motor mechanic so you may get the idea.

You will need 17 mins of your life to watch it which of course you won’t get back but it amused me!

Very amusing take on things - he really doesn't like main dealers and the abilities of their technicians does he. An updated version to include euro 6 standards and ad-blu in the mix would probably take his 17 minute video rant to an hour :)

Love his analogy of "DPF blockage is a symptom not a problem - like a headache is a symptom and drinking 14 bottles of tequila last night is the problem!" :)

I'm off to see his thought on "Premium Diesel" and "ECU Re-MAP" now.

If dfp warning light comes on. Head over to the nearest motorway or 4 lane carriageway and do 60mph in 4th gear 3krpm for 15 mins. The light should go out after 10mins. Carry on even with light out.

Very amusing take on things - he really doesn't like main dealers and the abilities of their technicians does he. An updated version to include euro 6 standards and ad-blu in the mix would probably take his 17 minute video rant to an hour :)

Love his analogy of "DPF blockage is a symptom not a problem - like a headache is a symptom and drinking 14 bottles of tequila last night is the problem!" :)

I'm off to see his thought on "Premium Diesel" and "ECU Re-MAP" now.

He does one on ad-blue which is hilarious! He hates Mercedes.

Mmmhm. Frightened to drive the bloody thing now. Think I'll dig out my Raleigh Chopper and take that to the shops instead.

I remember once getting the entire exhaust system for my 1981 Mk1 957cc Fiesta Popular. Cost me 12 quid.......fitted.

So what does a T6 DPF cost these days?

He does one on ad-blue which is hilarious! He hates Mercedes.
Lol - he hates Mercedes more than he hates Ford Rangers :).

Quite liked his views on remaps as well - I’ve never understood the buying of a lower powered unit than you want with the intention of getting more power via a remap.

Back