And we are back - normal service has been resumed

welcome back too

welcomebackthrougha
gridinapost

couple of new features along with reactions in the like button, just hover over the like button (or tap and hold on touch device) for the choices
Fancy new site nice one.pauly

What did we all do during the outage today.....?

In these lockdown times, the morning routine has become surf the web for cat videos, then this forum. This morning however, I researched driving shenanigans for Monday morning. Always traditionally the time to play up. Easter Monday morning tunnel runs and other licence compromising stuff. I fancy a lockdown contravening (solo) early hours trip to Thamesmead to see the location from Clockwork Orange (Binsey Walk). It's on my to do/bucket list. Whilst I'm fit and well, I need to start ticking these things off....

Sorry, in my opinion there is too much white space. May be good on a smart phone, not tried that yet.

Like the new set up - well done Pauly. I particularly appreciate the ability to preview straight from the reply box.

Yeah good choice, Pauly, thanks.

The ‘like’ option is a good shout whilst the ‘bookmark’ function will probably be very useful

Sorry, in my opinion there is too much white space. May be good on a smart phone, not tried that yet.
Here’s what it looks like on a ‘phone, Rod

77A3C80C-8780-4902-8820-CC4DBA82A636.png

@Pauly ...the new look is great...however being an older member I’ve noticed that the colours on Alerts has changed on the the drop down and for me it’s not as clear as the old format ( yellow for new alerts ) ...is this something that you might consider changing in the future
BBAA158F-BAE4-4A33-9DB2-B38178765B57.png
many thanks:)

@Pauly ...the new look is great...however being an older member I’ve noticed that the colours on Alerts has changed on the the drop down and for me it’s not as clear as the old format ( yellow for new alerts ) ...is this something that you might consider changing in the future
View attachment 65836

This bit here?

D1357008-2AFB-4703-9706-D17F92EB122E.jpeg

it’s always been red for me

@Deaky ...see pic...new and old ( read/not read) the alerts where different colours ( yellow was one )..hope thats clear
B93A8362-4E0E-4B9A-86E1-3A0F63FA5966.jpeg

Is it me, or have the 'Insert quotes' and 'attach files' buttons been swapped around? Since the change over, I keep automatically clicking the 'attach files' button by accident.

I'm getting used to the new set-up though and I prefer it to the old, even though the old wasn't any problem to me as a user. Most of my time in here is on my MacBook, but the mobile site is equally as simplistic.
I've had several conversations with @Pauly on the phone about the in's and out's of running this place and between Pauly and the rest of the moderators, it sounds like you need to commit a reasonable amount of personal time to the running of a forum, so I have no issue with the VIP costs each year, but equally the members in here are always a cracking bunch to meet up with and never fail to want to help. After all this current mess is as cleared up as much as it's ever going to be, i'm sure if most of you guys behind the scenes are able to come to one of the weekends we arrange, there will be a nice flow of beer and gin going your way ;)

Lastly, on the VIP note. I cannot seem to see it on the desktop version, or at least it's not overly obvious like it used to be. Is it still there @Pauly or is it not on line yet?

View attachment 65836
I think you have a good point here, there is very little contrast between read and unread, will see what i can do about that
Better ?

Back