Amplifier cutting out with start stop.

Brindle

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi, really annoying intermittent problem, my amplifier (Alpine RA-90) intermittently cuts out for a second when the stop start re-starts the engine, probably happens about once every 4/5 times. It’s got a direct 4AWG feed from the battery and earthed properly and the switch wired comes from one of the head unit loom adapters with the high level to low level signal convertor. Apart from turning off the stop start every time, any ideas why it’s doing it?

It does not state it’s a stop/start compatible, also the starter battery is only around 80% charged so the voltage will drop to much causing the issue.. if you are going to run a secondary battery , take the power from that one..

It does not state it’s a stop/start compatible, also the starter battery is only around 80% charged so the voltage will drop to much causing the issue.. if you are going to run a secondary battery , take the power from that one..
Thanks, well I have an AGM battery and a Ctek 250 in the garage waiting for a free weekend to install, I guess I have a bit more of an incentive to get cracking then now!!

Back