Amg Diffuser / Exhaust (pptuning)

What about the ABT front bumper? That would possibly give the same level of depth...

I know what supposedly looks best is in the eye of the beholder but for me @JimVee you are ruining an already beautiful van. A bit like some lovely looking girls cannot see their beauty and hit the surgery only to look strange.

Before this rear apron your whole van looked classically super stylish and even suited the Sportline front, unlike so many T6 vans.

Great thanks @JimVee ... funny you mention side skirts. I had an inkling they might be required to 'balance' the look. I agree, now I've seen side-on, the back looks too low for the sides and front.

What drop are you running there by the way ??

No idea mate, just told Bognor Motors to go as low as possible without the tyres rubbing :) I think the skirts and abt front spoiler will balance it out and waiting for them to arrive.

Needs something at the front too. The sportline lip adds no depth just bulk.

I bought a splitter from Vanstyle with the thought of adding that on the front but we’ll see how the council get on with their anti-speeding solution!

I know what supposedly looks best is in the eye of the beholder but for me @JimVee you are ruining an already beautiful van. A bit like some lovely looking girls cannot see their beauty and hit the surgery only to look strange.

Before this rear apron your whole van looked classically super stylish and even suited the Sportline front, unlike so many T6 vans.

I probably agree with you but we have to try and see what it looks like so others avoid the same mistake :sick:

I probably agree with you but we have to try and see what it looks like so others avoid the same mistake :sick:
On another van maybe but yours, as it was, was stunningly tasteful. It does now however open the door for someone to replicate your 'old' van.

I really like the bumper but now I can see why I've never seen a side in pic of that bumper.... it's freeking huge and ugly looking. It's far too low at the back to be practical and makes the back look like a completely difference style to the front. From the back, it does look sweet for sure.

Just been to the stealer and they want £86 for 1 reversing sensor...after I picked myself up off the floor, I declined. Just got 4 on fleabay for £47 total even if they aren’t original and part number the same so happy days

Thanks for all your posts on this one @JimVee it's been super helpful. Now that I can see yours again without it, it looks to me like the whole assembly is too low for both my taste and practicality

Back to normal if a little mucky. Need 4 reversing sensor as the originals were bonded into the amg bumper.
Also need to sort the twin exhaust tips

View attachment 22533
View attachment 22534

I must admit @JimVee, it's not my normal way to say anything negative about someone else's styling because we all have different tastes, but that rear bumper just doesn't suit the T6 at all and no idea how the designers thought it would. It looked ok from the rear, but even that's a little too much, but the side view is so out of proportion with the rest of the van, it just looks wrong.
@Twenty Four and I often disagree on mods, but I actually agree with him on this one :eek: even if his delivery method is a little more 'frank' than mine.

She looks a lot better now you've gone back to the original and at least the AMG one will sell for good money if you get rid of it.

@Twenty Four and I often disagree on mods, but I actually agree with him on this one :eek: even if his delivery method is a little more 'frank' than mine.
I thought my opinion was very fair and measured. In no way do I set out to cause offence and if everyone agreed on the same mods this forum would be dull, as would any place be. @JimVee's wagon looked beautiful beforehand as previously stated and in my opinion you can go too far chasing something you already had.

As for you and I having differing views on mods I don't think we are actually that far apart because it was clear to me from the start you were unsure about your badgeless grill.

I considered leaving it on when I put the side skirts on but the front looks high so swapped back in the end, no more exterior mods so the ABT looking likey, skirts, splitter and the PP bumper will go up for sale soon.

AB932D73-F208-41D8-A95D-6865BCA0E4C1.jpeg

Last edited:
I've leased a few Startline models and when they are sat next to mine you appreciate that VW did a good job on the original Highline rear bumper styling.

I would like a single rolled 2.5" pipe sticking out of each side, something like this looks good -

V5-Transporter-proflow-custom-stainless-steel-back-box-duel-tail-pipes-oval-1-600x600.jpg

Back