Amg Diffuser / Exhaust (pptuning)

to me these rear ends look like 80's/90's japanese styling on city vans

jap.jpg

now if it had a v6 twin turbo I could understand the look but on a 2.0l tdi??

I can see why it would appeal to many people, but it's not for me.
There's a T6 in my area (I hope he's not a member) and he has the full ABT with a very similar rear end to your picture, and it just looks a little odd. Maybe it's because the wheels don't fill the arches, or maybe it's just too over the top, but it stands out, just not for the right reasons.

Each to their own, and I guess this is why we are all such a diverse bunch.

@Generaljake, you got to love that number plate.

I know this has previously come up as a brief side note but not in it's own specific thread. I personally think it deserves one.

Views on everything from functionality to practicality to aesthetics ? ..... even the haters please :laugh:

Here's the team grey version :

View attachment 22183
Do you no where I can get one love it

Ok thank you I am new to the site picking up the first t6 in a few weeks
150 highline with sat nav folding mirrors front and rear parking sensors app connect right choice or not was looking at dsg but it’s all to do with money and where do you stop a

@lucas3232 Here's the link : Vw T6 (2015-onwards) AMG Bumper exhaust combo → Exhausts → PP Tuning

@Generaljake .... I wish you'd posted that styling kit before. I need a complete re-think on my 'look' now. Have you got the link to the supplier?? :laugh:

I know what you mean @Tourershine . I'm still assessing. I'm waiting for side on pics which I think will be key. What I like, is that it looks very integrated and original rather than an after-market stick on like the vast majority of styling accessories. In fact, it looks so authentic, the problem is, we don't have the 550bhp to back up the quad-pipe diffuser look :laugh: ..... so it could be viewed as chavtastic on that basis. The flipside of that being, many of us lower the vans, run massive aggressive looking alloys. Some even whack on some FORGE or Brembo calipers to complete the look. So, is that any different:unsure:

@Insert Coin I didn't see that on the PPT site. That's nicely done as well

Last edited:
Ok thank you I am new to the site picking up the first t6 in a few weeks
150 highline with sat nav folding mirrors front and rear parking sensors app connect right choice or not was looking at dsg but it’s all to do with money and where do you stop a

Unfortunately you stop either when you run out of money, or you other half threatens to leave you. (my bets on the money lasting longer in my house)

Here's mine done by Jason about a month ago but the local govt have/are fitted/fitting a load of speedbumps to try and turn our village into speedbump city and will be removing and selling it as I don't want to jack the B14's up.

PP T.jpg

@Shredder... weirdly enough I don’t but will take a couple in the next few days but I warn you all.... my missus drove the bus and must’ve gone through every puddle so it’s a tad dirty

@JimVee ...... great thanks. In your posted pic I can see your point about how low the unit is. Your picture makes that clearer than other pics I've seen of it.

As you say, therein lies the potential problem. With everything from speed bumps to rough potholed bikepark carparks

From a side on perspective, it will also be interesting to see how aesthetically 'balanced' the van looks between the front and rear after the addition of the AMG

Cheers

@JimVee ...... great thanks. In your posted pic I can see your point about how low the unit is. Your picture makes that clearer than other pics I've seen of it.

As you say, therein lies the potential problem. With everything from speed bumps to rough potholed bikepark carparks

From a side on perspective, it will also be interesting to see how aesthetically 'balanced' the van looks between the front and rear after the addition of the AMG

Cheers

Will take some better pics at the weekend as it’s not come out too well. It looks a little low on the back but with the side skirts to go on, it will line up nicely I reckon.

EAEA3BDC-A29C-480B-956D-6004DF724F82.jpeg

Great thanks @JimVee ... funny you mention side skirts. I had an inkling they might be required to 'balance' the look. I agree, now I've seen side-on, the back looks too low for the sides and front.

What drop are you running there by the way ??

It's still sits level with the sides of the van though.

You and I have had this discussion before somewhere in here. It sits lower on the sides too.
Again, not by much, but combine that with the shape of the Sportline splitter against the standard and it is deeper.

I doubt you'd find anything that sits as low as the rear bumper on @JimVee van, and even if you did, it's not going to be very practical.

Back