Amazed I hadn't found this earlier!

Nomad

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just signed up although I've owned my T6 a whole year now, I was searching the world wide webulator for information on fitting rear speakers and lo and behold I discover a dedicated forum for us "modern" types.

I had been on the T4/T5 Forum for some time despite having previously owned a Merc Vito, largely because there is no equivalent for Merc vans and James who originally started the "other" forum is a friend of mine (and who himself has moved on to create the Crafter forum).

To be honest I found it a bit tiresome as it kept losing my log in details (I ended up having to register three times under different user names) and I got a bit fed up with the "this is what your T4 must look like" and anything built after that was rubbish mentality. This places seems to be more populated by individuals :)

Mine is a 2015 (65 plate) T30 Kombi 180bhp Highline with a DSG box, currently running as a six seater (but I plan to reduce this to five) and in Blackberry metallic. It's an ex demonstrator and I bought it after a 24 hour demo, it only went back to get prepped and I had it on the drive the next day.....

But not for long as we promptly headed off for the Easter weekend in Cornwall.

It does duty as the family car, impromptu camper (a set of Thermo Mat blinds from Just Kampers and a Futon in the back), support vehicle for long cycle trips (we did the C2C last year) and as transport for my motorbikes (I race in Cross Country Rallies).

FullSizeRender_zpse9aveiec.jpg

The day I bought it
IMG_2483_zpsaw8vmudv.jpg

On the Coast 2 Coast (Whitehaven to Sunderland) last year

5dc46b1b-5e26-480a-849f-d5f462721d7a_zpswlzftofa.jpg

Tour of Portugal last week (and that explains the user name too ;) )

Welcome @Nomad
Looks like you have a lot of fun in your van, exactly what they should be for :thumbsup:

Your wish you had never found this place, well your bank balance will anyway ;)

welcome :)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Our T6 is called Alice by the way.

The purchase was made possible by my fiancées inheritance, so the van was named after her Mum!

I'm thinking of adaptations I can make, possibly a bed system that folds over the seats but is easily removable so I can fit motorbikes in the back.

Another idea is a more traditional furniture set-up down the offside but split in two with the unit being fixed in the rear behind the seats with the front section as a removeable "pod" for when the rear seats are not in place.

All on hold at the moment as we're getting married at the end of May and all time, effort and available funds are being dedicated to that particular project :D

Thanks for the welcomes!

The purchase was made possible by my fiancées inheritance, so the van was named after her Mum!

I'm thinking of adaptations I can make, possibly a bed system that folds over the seats but is easily removable so I can fit motorbikes in the back.

Another idea is a more traditional furniture set-up down the offside but split in two with the unit being fixed in the rear behind the seats with the front section as a removeable "pod" for when the rear seats are not in place.

All on hold at the moment as we're getting married at the end of May and all time, effort and available funds are being dedicated to that particular project :D
That's a nice dedication. However scrap the wedding and spend all that money on the van, you will be far happier in the long run.;):whistle:.
(pssst, don't tell my wife that I said that.):rolleyes:

@Thogg 'out of control', do you have a black kettle in that glass house of yours . :)
I have seen your fantastic lining job.

@Nomad I agree with your wife and think you should compromise. Concentrate on the wedding and make sure the wedding list only contains Transporter bits.

Thanks for the welcomes!

That new kitchen that your fiancee would like is called a Kombi Pod from @slidepods :thumbsup::whistle:. If you speak to them it can be combined with a bed so the top forms part of the bed base :cool:. You can also get a shower with the Kombi Pod I believe :rofl:. Tailor made to fit too - in a T6.

Thanks for the tip, the problem with having so many differing interests is that it's tricky to combine them into one ideal van format!

Back