Am I the holder of the New Vehicle Order Wait Record?

dan steely

I am fully aware that this topic has been fully discussed previously. However my situation is that I placed an order for a T32 Kombi with a VW dealer in early March 2021. Still no sign of any van and no indication of it ever arriving. So currently at twenty months. Can anyone beat this?

I am fully aware that this topic has been fully discussed previously. However my situation is that I placed an order for a T32 Kombi with a VW dealer in early March 2021. Still no sign of any van and no indication of it ever arriving. So currently at twenty months. Can anyone beat this?
No I can't beat it.

I ordered mine in Oct 2021. And got it yesterday....have you been hassling them about why it hasn't arrived yet?

When I was looking for a van in august I was offered a Fontana Red, T32 Kombi DSG with a discount, it was a cancelled order.

You seem to have been waiting a long time!

September 2021 I ordered mine... still no sign and a 'promise' of first quarter 2023....
When I have spoken to the dealer he has been careful to avoid promising anything. But there are always reasons quoted for the delay. Fire in silicon chip factory, covid, air bag harnesses coming from Ukraine etc. I have no reason to doubt any of this but I know people are receiving California’s in less than a year so this is the bit I cannot understand. A California requires a lot more bits and pieces than a Kombi van.

No I can't beat it.

I ordered mine in Oct 2021. And got it yesterday....have you been hassling them about why it hasn't arrived yet?
I did all the ordering via email and over the phone. My view is that they don’t get their profit until they hand it over to me so it is in their interest to get it delivered to me as soon as possible so they should be as keen as me to get hold of it.

I did all the ordering via email and over the phone. My view is that they don’t get their profit until they hand it over to me so it is in their interest to get it delivered to me as soon as possible so they should be as keen as me to get hold of it.
Yeah but, there is only so many vehicles they can produce at the moment because of the delays you mentioned and multiple customers who have made orders. They might not get paid till they deliver, but if they can only deliver so many then they can only get paid for that amount they have available to deliver. Meaning they have to prioritise who they deliver too. And those who annoy them and make the biggest noise about the delay will get priority......to shut them up.

Every month I hassled them about my order. It still took a year but I got it.

But in saying that they did give me a vehicle with Barn doors and no blind spot alert in the side mirrors which was supposed to be standard. I've made a complaint about it and just waiting now for them to get back to me.

Back