Am i best with butane or propane gas?

Where the hell do you find these as I’ve been to six supposed retailers and cannot find campingaz 907 bottles anywhere. The world appears to have gone completely bonkers as years ago I could get this within a five minute drive. Can’t buy kitchen knives without getting Id’d either. I only want to chop up food and cook it sheesh

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Are you after a refill or a bottle?
I find that a lot of places will only exchange now. You might be able to pick up an empty on Facebook, we got one for a fiver last year.

Camping gaz is ridiculous prices for a new bottle.

Look for a second-hand one on ebay/facebook etc.

Personally I use a Leisuregaz 007; (almost) identical size, and if you have a supplier near you cheaper to buy and refill, but not so easy to swap if you need to away from home (my gas cupboard takes two, so I always have 1 new full).

I’ve bought one off Halfords as the place we are buying campervan from will refill and are ok on pricing
It's a rip-off but Halfords not a bad price compared to some I have seen online.

For your T6 van, the standard choice for the cooktop is usually LPG (liquefied petroleum gas). Propane-butane gas is a convenient and reliable source of energy for your RV cooktop. If you already want something modern, install an electronic hob and forget about refueling with gas for individual needs.
Unless you have EHU or a huge amount of battery power, you’re either on raw spuds or salad….

Calor are definitely doing the refills on the small butane and propane. I got my 4.5kg butane swapped just before I came away. Had plenty in stock. £24

Back