Alternatives to OEM Tailgate Mud-flaps

CRD

T6 Guru
I was considering fitting mud flaps all round on my kombi, but I don't like the idea of drilling the rear valance/bumper to fit the rears. Are there any alternatives to the standard fit type?
VA5564_vw_t6_transporter_genuine_rear_tailgate_mud_flaps_600_j_m.jpg

The official VW ones are such a strange design, do not stop stones damaging the rear valance AND require you to drill holes to fit meaning filling and painting if you ever decided to remove them.

If you can wait till the 30th as I'm away and they have been taken off the van ready for the new one

If you can wait till the 30th as I'm away and they have been taken off the van ready for the new one
Don't worry. Think I have found them on the web. Seem much more logical fit than VW genuine.

Only thing I would say is perhaps use a little glue where the rears run up the side of the bumper. Mine have been on for 9 months and there is a little light scratching on the paint. Took 40 secs to remove nothing major but will be using glue when they are refitted

what caused the 'light scratching' @Amped ?

Do you have the front ones too?

It would be good to see some photos when you can :thumbsup:

T
what caused the 'light scratching' @Amped ?

Do you have the front ones too?

It would be good to see some photos when you can :thumbsup:
The scratching is just from where they may move slightly against the body work on the rear ones. That's why when I fit them to the new van will be using a thin bead of tiger seal just to bond them to the bumper as well as the one screw. I do have the front ones but will get another pic once fitted to the new van

Had them on this old Cali, not on this one.
The T6 isn't getting any more dirty, there's no brackets to bend and it's less to clean.

Like the sidebars we had, I found the mudflaps a real pain to keep tidy. I also like the "cleaner" look.

Just another opinion that might save some a few quid.

Just wondered if there are any pics available yet - thanks @Amped . :)

Sorry mate been flat out, tried to fit them but the rear bumper on a kombi seems to be slightly different underneath and they don't fit properly.Gutted as they looked really good on the panel van.

Back