Alpine x801 to x803

lukeadams

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Question for Alpine gurus. I’ve currently got an Alpine x801d-u headunit and I’m looking to install an Alpine x803d-u headunit. Will it be a simple swap? Do I need another wiring kit?

As long as the 801 was installed correctly then the 803 should slot straight in..

Ah ok. I read online that the apf-x300vw was only compatible from x802 so wondered what I currently have. Exploria wired it in for the previous owner. Is there anyway of knowing what wiring kit have fitted?

Best to pull it out and send us a photo,

does it display the parking sensors ?

Yea it shows the parking sensors, rear camera. Everything works other than the phone and voice button on the steering wheel but unsure if this is due to the x801 functionality. I’ll grab a photo

Blimey that’s a mess. I suggest you get the new x303 harness , this will tidy it all up and even retains the factory microphone, and factory camera without the need for extra parts

I think that’s what’s making me slightly nervous as I’m worried I might have the incorrect connectors etc. I’ll get the 303 and hopefully it’ll be simple enough to connect. Will I find the OEM microphone and camera cables in that mess somewhere?

If you remove all the cabling, the oe mic, camera is in the factory quadlock plug so nothing to worry about

Ok that makes more sense. I’m unsure if my rear camera is an OEM or Alpine. Is there anyway of knowing looking at the current cable setup?

Back