For Sale Alpicool K25 12V Top Loading Compressor Fridge

BJC_9

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Alpicool K25 12V Top Loading Compressor Fridge 25 litre
12V cigarette lighter type socket power adaptor
Mains power adapter
Length 575mm, Height 345mm, Depth 340mm
Excellent condition, only used a few times as I have now fitted a fixed fridge in my van instead.
£120
Collection only from CO10 near Suffolk/Essex border.
20230829_144958.jpg20230829_144945.jpg20230829_145026.jpg20230829_145303.jpg

Great price. Looks identical to my Bodega fridge. Fits really nicely between front and rear seats on a Kombi, can be opened in situ and slid in from the side, just

Arse. Just bought a new one a couple of weeks ago! I can attest that they are great!
I made a box to sit mine in that fastens down to the single seat mounting points in the back as I don't need that third seat. Makes it very accessible from the side door and will be when on the move once the 4 year olds arms have grown a bit more!
£120 is a great price.

Arse. Just bought a new one a couple of weeks ago! I can attest that they are great!
I made a box to sit mine in that fastens down to the single seat mounting points in the back as I don't need that third seat. Makes it very accessible from the side door and will be when on the move once the 4 year olds arms have grown a bit more!
£120 is a great price.
Great minds,
I was exploring something similar that might use latching hooks to secure the base in place, have you posted anywhere on what you have done/how? Thanks

It was a rush job before we travelled to France a couple of weeks ago, so whilst it functions perfectly its not something I'm especially proud of so haven't shared!

I bought from B&Q; a translucent plastic storage box, some hardboard; and expanding foam and did this...
  • Placed the fridge in the box and positioned them over the seat mounts ensuring the fridge lid would open properly.
  • Noted position of box and removed fridge.
    Used a marker pen to draw on the inside of the box the position of the seat mounts.
  • Put Fridge back in box and marked on outside of boy the position of the fridge's vents and power socket. (Initially I forgot to vertically offset the holes for cut-outs to allow for the OSB added inside the box).
  • Cut a piece of scrap 18mm OSB to snugly fit in the bottom of the box and screwed it in place from outside of box using dome head screws. Adding washers would be a good idea but I didn't have any.
  • Cut hardboard into pieces equal in size to the fridges sides except matching the height to the inside of the plastic box. This was used as shuttering and left in place.
  • Put fridge in plastic bag it was supplied in and taped it up tight.
  • Put fridge and shuttering in box and filled between box and shuttering with expanding foam.
    Once cured, removed fridge and trimmed off excess foam that had spilled out over the sides.
    Using an oscillating saw, cut through the outer box, foam and hardboard following the marker pen lines. I used a whole cutter drill bit for the base to cut two holes per mounting point so I could feed cable ties down out of the box, around the seat mounts and zip off inside the box.
  • I found that once fitted, even with the cable ties, that it moved around a bit, so I screwed a couple of pieces of scrap mdf (6mm or similar) to sit in a cross between the raised mounting points. If had been in the original plan, I would have done this at the very beginning or at least marked exactly where they were needed whilst I could still see through the box.
Obviously this hasn't been crash tested (I haven't crashed!) but it seems a solid solution which should hold up except for in extreme circumstances or rollovers. The cable ties seem the week the week link as they hold everything in place except for the fridge exiting upwards. A simple strap could be added to the box to keep in fridge inside and the lid shut.

If I did it again and had more time, I'd just build the box with plywood and line it with something soft to avoid scratching the fridge. The hardboard hasn't scratched the fridge at all (yet) but I expect plywood would cause an issue pretty fast. I'd want to work out a better fixing/releasing mechanism than the cable ties too.

I can take a photo if you like?

Last edited:
@RobFlynn yes please, a picture is worth a thousand words!

I've something similar in mind but not as involved with the expanding foam etc. At the moment I'm still reaserching appropriate fittings to use the seat base, j hooks/clasps etc.

I've not cleaned off my orientation marker "Door" yet.
Ignore the larger timber prominent in the second image. It's nothing to do with it.
Not exactly refined, but functionally works and manages not to impede the fridge handles by absolute fluke.
I wouldn't do it like this if I'd had more time. Using the expanding foam meant I could quickly make a perfect fit box quickly. Took about 3 hours excluding the cure time for the foam.

IMG_1277.JPGIMG_1276.JPGIMG_1275.JPG

Last edited:
@RobFlynn yes please, a picture is worth a thousand words!

I've something similar in mind but not as involved with the expanding foam etc. At the moment I'm still reaserching appropriate fittings to use the seat base, j hooks/clasps etc.
I'd appreciate hearing any good solutions you come up with. I'll update this thread with any ideas for version 2.

You might want to start a new thread (or get a mod to split it) so it doesn't get lost to history in a "SOLD" thread

The foam is probably also usefully adding some insulation, in an ideal world it would come further up.

How are you going to finish the top of the foam? Maybe some of the aluminium insulation type tape?

You might want to start a new thread (or get a mod to split it) so it doesn't get lost to history in a "SOLD" thread

The foam is probably also usefully adding some insulation, in an ideal world it would come further up.

How are you going to finish the top of the foam? Maybe some of the aluminium insulation type tape?
Oops, forgot this was @BJC_9's 'for sale' thread. Sorry BJC_9.
I don't think I'll be adding any finishing touches to this. Like I said it was a temporary solution I bodged together. Think I'll save my time and effort for mk2.

Nothing wrong with a mk1 to prove the idea and see if it works for a season :thumbsup:

Just to add, these fridges support bluetooth so you can link them to a phone/ipad.
Would have bought this myself if I was closer. Already got the 15l version which has been running non stop in my van for the last 2 years.

Have you a photo in situ? Doesn’t the handbrake get in the way? Been trying to find something similar for this position
Thanks
Measured distance between passenger base and handbrake today - circa 250mm so no idea how this would fit as depth of fridge down as 340mm??

Back