All Weather Tyre Sizes and ratings for 17

Prem Desai

VIP Member
Hi,

Got a T30 T6 panel van with 17" wheels and tyres are 235/55/17 with a load rating of 103 and speed rating of W.

I can't seem to find van specific (c rated) all weather tyres of this size.

Nearest I can get is Michelin CrossClimate+ which are 235/55/17 load rating 103 speed rating Y.

I know they will do the job, but will they be legal? I don't want the insurance to be void because they aren't 'proper' tyres'.

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know what tyres VW fit at the factory then you choose the all weather option?

I have Goodyear gen2 Vectors 4 seasons; I have a feeling they have been used as OEM tyres but I stuck mine on after savage front tyre wear on my hateful Bridgestones despite 4motion.

Really pleased with them; M&S rated, quiet, good in mud, water, fine in the dry.

Fully load rated and the same size as yours.

I have CrossClimates on my Subaru which I really like but they weren't in the right size/load rating when I bought the Goodyears. I'd say they have similar performance.

I have the Michelin Lattitude Cross 235/55/17 103xl very impressed with them.

Y is a higher speed rating and you don't need 103 load tyres on a T30 so those are higher spec than you need which is fine.

My t32 came with the Goodyear as standard on the devonports wheels . You can find sets of these on eBay but just check the tyres are the Goodyears . If you want them for winter it could be worth getting a wheels set and swop them.

Back