Aircon won’t chill

Not got the listing to hand but I’m sure there a posting of fuse locations on here, is it just blowing warm I know vw do have a slight weakness on the shuttle valve on the compressors seem to spend the summer months doing lots at work of those, or the centre bolt coming loose in the pulley on the compressor, it’s around a tx 40 size bit check that’s not sticking out too

Hi

yeah just blows the same as outside temperature.This is just 2 months since my end of warranty checks ! Now 3 things are wrong .Reversing beepers , oil sensor light , and this. Hopefully just a fuse , but how do I get into it to have a look please

Have you had it checked? Ie put on an air con machine and leak tested etc. Have you ever had it serviced?

Couple of fuse box locations one next to the battery with two wing but style screws onto and one passenger side of the gear selector trim it’s a panel under the cigar lighter cubby hole, hate to be pessimistic but don’t think you’ll be lucky enough for it to be a fuse, if you open the bonnet and start the van pop the air con on and see if the cooling fan starts to run, sometimes when gas pressure is low the fan will initially run at least tells you you have a electrical circuit, by all means check all the fuses but hard to diagnose without checking the gas pressures or without looking on vcds for potential faults,

Yes ok I just thought an initial check of the fuse before spending money , I’ll try tomorrow as I’m out.
There’s no fault showing upon the Engine management apart from the oil sensor, but as the 2 of you have said I think I’ll take it for a check up . Surprised at a 3 year old van with only 20k on the clock !

All manufacturers put the minimum amount of gas in when they are sold come across it a lot across the board, also best practice to run air con regularly even through the winter

Thanks Niknak, wow that surprises me are you a VW engineer per chance? So my issue is not so unusual it seems?

Back