Advice on heater for already converted T6

theburbster

Hi,
I am in the process of changing my coach built motorhome for a new T6 conversation, something I can drive everyday and still use for the odd nigh here and there near MTB trail centres!

The new conversation is missing a few items I think are important so I am looking for some advice and views on the following items and where I might get them, preferably fitted.

Heater - I do camp in winter time so I think some sort of diesel heater is essential, any views on Webasto or alternatives. Recommendations?

Water Heater - Would need something that worked off grid, so on gas or diesel if possible. Any suggestions? Or do you think this is an overkill, especially considering the very small water capacity the current conversation has.

Many Thanks

I fitted a Eberspacher to my kombi under the passenger swivel seat, got the kit from PF Jones with a 7day timer which is great in the winter getting in a nice warm van in the morning!
Very very pleased with it transformes the van in the winter months would not be with out one now

I am part way into my camper conversion, it will have a hot water system, based on an Eberspacher 5Kw hydronic (water) heater.
There will be a 38 litre fresh water tank underneath in front of the spare wheel, a 10 litre calorifier and a 4 Kw 2-speed matrix blower to provide air heating, the hot water will go to the sink taps and a pull out shower at the back of the van. The calorifier has a heating coil connected to the engine cooling system and the hydronic heater, so the water is heated by the engine whilst driving, by the Eberspacher when parked, also there is a 1Kw immersion heater for when on electric hookup.
The hydronic heater will go under the drivers step, the calorifier under the sink and the matrix blower under the drivers seat. I have just gathered all the parts together and I hope to get it installed soon, work allowing..... I'll put the pictures on my build thread as it happens.

Sounds like an interesting project you got going on there, look forward to the build pics and seeing the finished article

I am part way into my camper conversion, it will have a hot water system, based on an Eberspacher 5Kw hydronic (water) heater.
There will be a 38 litre fresh water tank underneath in front of the spare wheel, a 10 litre calorifier and a 4 Kw 2-speed matrix blower to provide air heating, the hot water will go to the sink taps and a pull out shower at the back of the van. The calorifier has a heating coil connected to the engine cooling system and the hydronic heater, so the water is heated by the engine whilst driving, by the Eberspacher when parked, also there is a 1Kw immersion heater for when on electric hookup.
The hydronic heater will go under the drivers step, the calorifier under the sink and the matrix blower under the drivers seat. I have just gathered all the parts together and I hope to get it installed soon, work allowing..... I'll put the pictures on my build thread as it happens.

Hi, Sorry new to the forum. I read the above with interest. Where do you have more details? I have a swb kombi 4 motion with rear heating (from engine).
Wanted a night heater with some sort of hot water system. Like the idea of eberspracher when stationary and using my (Rear heater) whilst in motion. Could you provide some more details please. I realise that with the 4 motion there is no space in front of the spare wheel. But I would be prepared to have some tanks /cans inside.

Very happy with our Eberspacher, used it in the Alps in March, parked up at 2600m. Left it on 12 degrees during the night, slept with the pop top up and 10 degrees during the day.

Just back from 14 weeks in Europe and never felt a need for a hot water heater. Off to the Orkneys soon and I’m sure the heater will get used a fair deal.

We mostly wild camp. We have Heath Robinson’d together an internal shower which only needs a kettle of water. The only other time we need hot water is for drinks and washing up.

So we didn’t include the water heater in our van when we had it converted by CMC. The space we gained allows a lot more wine to be brought back from the continent!

At the end of the day it’s all down to personal choice.

Wallas XC Duo, excellent twin Diesel hob and a thermostat controlled fan heater in one unit.
I heat water on the hob for a 12v portable shower, about 7-8L per person is enough, heat 5L and add cold water to suit.
The best decision I made in my conversion.

Back