Night-heater - electric??

mazT6

Hi all,

Just after some advice if possible. We’ve been away this weekend for the first time in our T6. It was a little chilly even with a thick duvet so we’re thinking of looking at heating. I’d like to consider electrical heater options rather than diesel fuelled. Does anyone have any recommendations for heaters to run on a leisure battery?
Thanks,
Matt

Electric heating takes massive electrical current, so not practical on batteries.

There’s a reason diesel heaters are so popular. It can produce 2kw of heat for an hour on about 200ml of diesel. I’d melt if mine ran at full chat for an hour.

Any reason why you don’t want diesel?

Last edited:
EHU heaters yes.

But not for 12v leisure battery...

You can get them..... But they so power hungry they will kill your battery dead in hours.

Defo... As @Spaghetti says Derv night heater is the way to go.

I run mobile gas heaters for camping.

Some people on EHU take small fan heaters or oil rads.

But if I had a camper...... I'd fit a diesel night heater... I have a mobile one. They are awesome.

As @Dellmassive says, the diesel heaters are great. I’d never have convinced Mrs Spaghetti to go camping without a heater. T’was a dealbreaker.

Heating takes massive electrical current, so not practical on batteries.

There’s a reason diesel heaters are so popular. It can produce 2kw of heat for an hour on about 200ml of diesel. I’d melt if mine ran at full chat for an hour.

Any reason why you don’t want diesel?
Thanks.
Just for ease really, I was after something which is plug and play. If diesel is the best option it’ll have to be!

You can get pre formed brackets for underslung fitment or fit them below the driver’s seat.

They normally tap into the diesel tank or you could fit a separate tank.

They range from Chinese clones, Planars, Eberspachers or Webastos. :cool:

Lots of guides and assistance on here.

You can get pre formed brackets for underslung fitment or fit them below the driver’s seat.

They normally tap into the diesel tank or you could fit a separate tank.

They range from Chinese clones, Planars, Eberspachers or Webastos. :cool:

Lots of guides and assistance on here.
Thanks I’ll take a look

We’ve just done the east Coast of Scotland from Edinburgh to Inverness and it was freezing. Woke up to snow one morning.
Lean out of bed and tap the diesel heater button and it’s toasty in 5 minutes.
We had ours on low all the time we were sat in the van (not overnight) and I didn’t even notice any drop in the fuel gauge. Had it on for hours some days.
Best thing we ever got for the van.

I hated the noise & the smell of the Eberspacher in my last van. However, sat up the side of hills in November freezing whilst the equally noise sensitive dog snored has changed my mind. Missed the heater, looking forward to order being restored with the new van.

We’ve just done the east Coast of Scotland from Edinburgh to Inverness and it was freezing. Woke up to snow one morning.
Lean out of bed and tap the diesel heater button and it’s toasty in 5 minutes.
We had ours on low all the time we were sat in the van (not overnight) and I didn’t even notice any drop in the fuel gauge. Had it on for hours some days.
Best thing we ever got for the van.
which one have you got?

Defo... As @Spaghetti says Derv night heater is the way to go.

I run mobile gas heaters for camping.

Some people on EHU take small fan heaters or oil rads.

But if I had a camper...... I'd fit a diesel night heater... I have a mobile one. They are awesome.
How do you mean...a mobile one?
I've been thinking of running a mobile version but no idea how to pipe the heater pipe into the van???

See here...

Post in thread 'T6 Autumn Camp 2021 (24 - 26 September)' T6 Autumn Camp 2021 (24 - 26 September)

It's a Chinese clone heater self contained in a case. Fuel tank and everything.

We've had it running in the tent and gazebo.... Very effective.

First see one running in a mechanics YouTube video.

See here...

Post in thread 'T6 Autumn Camp 2021 (24 - 26 September)' T6 Autumn Camp 2021 (24 - 26 September)

It's a Chinese clone heater self contained in a case. Fuel tank and everything.

We've had it running in the tent and gazebo.... Very effective.

First see one running in a mechanics YouTube video.
Thats what i have but id like to run it outside the van but pipe into the van.....any ideas where i could run the pipe? I have a SWB Kombi.

We have a small electric fan for when on hookup. I also fitted an autoterm planar diesel heater with modem control. The diesel heater is well worth it!

Thats what i have but id like to run it outside the van but pipe into the van.....any ideas where i could run the pipe? I have a SWB Kombi.
No idea.... It's 110mm odd pipe diameter.

That's a big hole to cut into the van.

If it was me I'd have a proper installed unit.

Saying that.... A lot of ppl have these fitted externaly, like @Spaghetti mentioned above.

I think they are normally air ducted into the cabin under the seat somewhere?

We need someone who has one fitted to post a few pics..

You wont regret having one. Gives you great all-year use. Get the fuel from the vehicle diesel tank though.

You wont regret having one. Gives you great all-year use. Get the fuel from the vehicle diesel tank though.
Yep. When you drop the fuel tank do it when there isn’t loads of fuel in it and take your time. I just used some wood on a trolley jack to lower as I managed to do it when it was about two thirds full :rolleyes:

I fitted mine in the usual position. Top yellow tubing takes in air from the driver side door step and the bottom yellow tubing shows it being fed back into the van under the driver seat. It’s all hidden and protected by the under tray panels.
View attachment 147299

appreciate you posting this, as i've got an eberspracher in the garage that needs fitting. i just dont know if i dare do it myself.

Back