Adjusting Trapezoid side-bars

Surfjunkie

Good evening,

my T6 has been in for a touch of bodywork repair after I had a disagreement with a post!
I did some damage to one of my old sidebars and the company said they would replace the sidebars whilst doing the other work!

on the drivers side of the van thebar sits nicely flush with the sill almost. But on the passenger side there is a bigger gap between sill and side bar? I wondered if there is any adjustments I can make to this? Or if they may have put them on wrong?
And also the bar sits closer to the rear wheel than the front? Will that cause an issue with jacking the van in emergency?

many thanks
Andy

631EFB25-5CE9-423E-BCBD-31637445C61F.jpeg

3DC18D16-CACF-47C8-8BB5-8182575D8A1E.jpeg

Good evening,

my T6 has been in for a touch of bodywork repair after I had a disagreement with a post!
I did some damage to one of my old sidebars and the company said they would replace the sidebars whilst doing the other work!

on the drivers side of the van thebar sits nicely flush with the sill almost. But on the passenger side there is a bigger gap between sill and side bar? I wondered if there is any adjustments I can make to this? Or if they may have put them on wrong?
And also the bar sits closer to the rear wheel than the front? Will that cause an issue with jacking the van in emergency?

many thanks
Andy

View attachment 114258

View attachment 114259
I have the same shape bars.
The bars should clear the jacking points.
you can adjust the positioning of them easily by loosening off the bolts.

The bars are handed, might be worth checking if they’re the right way round.

Back