Adjust Handbrake ??

teamfly

McLife Sentence
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi , can anyone advise how to loosen & retighten handbrake please ? Fitting driver side swivel tomorrow with bracket to lower handbrake - need to loosen & readjust handbrake to do this .
Just the one adjuster at cable split at rear of van ? Anything I should know ??
Thanks ....

The hand brake can be removed from the drivers seat base without going under the van.
Remove all the plastics. There is a little tab hidden below the hand brake button then the plastic just slides forward. Then you can easily remove the cable from the lever or just loosen it.
Then it’s just 2 bolts that hold the lever to the seat base.

that sounds ok ,wasn't looking forward to climbing under the van today .
Thanks for the info !

What swivel have you gone for?

I’d be interested to see how easy they are to fit and use as that’s my next purchase.

Was all set to do this today - had day off . Then had to go in to work at 8am . Home now but going to drink beer and tackle it tomorrow .

So , if I do not use nasty bracket , can I just swivel with handbrake off ??

Yes, but remember to put it in gear or chock the wheels before you do, it's always disconcerting when the van starts moving and you're not ready for it.

Have to say I always park up on the flat for camping . delighted if I can just stick it in gear & swivel the drivers sportscraft without messing about with the handbrake bracket .
Less delighted that I just bought one for £20 off ebay that I do not need .......
Anyone want it ?...

Yes, but remember to put it in gear or chock the wheels before you do, it's always disconcerting when the van starts moving and you're not ready for it.
I have forgotten this, more than once when swivelling my seat! :rolleyes:

“Daddy, why is the van moving....”

Back