Additional Security

Hilly64

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I believe this has been asked before but I am looking at some additional security/deterrent. Options are the small Disclok or Pedal Lock

was set on the disclok but was talking to a guy in the Van Trade and he favoured the pedal lock option suggesting it had a number of benefits

any opinions and recommendations for a DSG Kombi?

thanks in advance

I find the Disklok a doddle to get on and off... at least now I've had some practice... and when driving I wedge it flat on the floor, in front of and in-between my 2 front captain's seats. It's never moved, doesn't get in the way and doesn't rattle at all.

I also have an ATE pedal lock, which I think probably provides better physical security than the Disklok, but it hardly ever gets used on a trip as it's damned heavy and I haven't found a suitable, convenient place to store it whilst driving. However, if I ever leave my van unattended at home, then both the Disklok and the pedal lock go on - that despite having a MetaTrak Pro tracker/immobiliser (and the van being parked on my electrically-gated driveway).

As far as visual deterrents go I opted for a StopLock inside and one of these Bulldog clamps.

View attachment 203573
Nice.... I would be worried I drove off with it on! Sure you or other have way round by tying ribbon onto steering wheel or putting note on steering wheel to remind you!

Nice.... I would be worried I drove off with it on! Sure you or other have way round by tying ribbon onto steering wheel or putting note on steering wheel to remind you!
So far all I've done is I position it so that I see it right away as I approach the van, you can't really miss it!

I have a pedal lock, probably the hardest device to successfully attack with a battery angle grinder which now retail for a mere £200.

Wheelclamp and pedal lock when on the drive or in the caravan yard. Disklok when out and about.

Pete

Reactions: Bav
Thieves are using a " device " to get into vehicles around us at the moment. I had mine broken into a few months back, (they got a cheap gilet ) and were disturbed by a neighbour, and a few weeks back got into my next door neighbours Vito and work van. Lots of break in's but no vehicles stolen, so the " device" gets them in but nothing more it seems. I now religiously back up to the fence and leave absolutely nothing of any value inside the cab. Oh, and these little scumbags committed their crimes in front of several security camera's, but with ski masks on.

The "device" most opportunist thieves use to get into vehicles is an unlocked door. They will walk around residential areas at night just trying car (and house) doors. No screwdrivers, crowbars or mysterious electronic gadgets that will get them arrested for going equipped, and a pretty good success rate from what I've seen.

I've got a Meta S5 fitted, and use a Disklock as a visual deterrent. If they want to take it, they will. Just make it a bit harder/noisier to take than the van/car in the next road, and most of the time they will move on.

To be fair I was kicking myself for awhile, convinced I'd left the van unlocked until a clip of video was posted on a local group showing these scumbags in action earlier the same day. They were walking down a street nearby getting into almost every car. 8 of them on electric bikes in broad daylight.

No matter how hard we make it for them, if they want to take, they will. Just make it as hard as you can visually and fingers crossed they piss off!!!!!!! That's why in my case I had the Bearlock fitted. I reverse it up to the wall, apply the lock (into reverse gear) and even if they get it started they cannot get it out of reverse. Stuff them

I use a Disklok as a visual deterrent backed up by the Ghost.
I've said it on here before, pedal locks are all well and good but they're probably not going to be visible until after the scrote has already damaged your pride and joy by breaking in. At least the Disklok should be noticed and make them move on to an easier target before they do any damage.

Back