Adding additional seals to the front doors

I’m in the office tomorrow will send you another couple metres, will be with you wed/thu

One of mine fell off after a few weeks, along the bottom edge, pushed it back in place and has stayed put since.

Fitted the extra seals to my T6 PV, great mod, glad I'm not the only one who has to shut the drivers door twice!!

Did yours get any better? Considering taking mine off, having to keep trying to close the drivers door at 5am will soon piss the neighbours off

Hello all. Any idea where I can get these door seals from? Can’t see on the forum shop and another couple of places online seem to have sold out. I have added the dash seal, so just need the ones for the front door.

Cheers!

Thanks for the contributions to this thread. I did my research and read through before ordering this seal on eBay.
UNIVERSAL Door Seal 16 x 17mm OEM specs - VW's T5 T5.1 T6 - Sounds like a Golf.
The seller was Alexcop. Came with two degreasing wipes and one long piece of seal which was about 18 Inches longer than needed. The quality is good and there is proper 3M adhesive on the seal.
No affiliation at all, just letting others know what worked for me.
Got to say this is best way of installing a childish inane grin while you try out all the various ways of closing your new found door slam sound. Brilliant upgrade thanks guys.
I went with the horizontal method of fitting the lower seal ending it at the forward seal. Seemed to make sense as a dust seal in this position. Going to keep the door shut clean and save the old white linen flares from getting muddy

I have fitted the seals from Alexcorp on eBay as recommended above. They were easy to fit and have made a difference to the road noise, although the noise from the tailgate is annoyingly me more now!

Door on drivers side needs a bit of a slam to close it properly, but they do sound better when closing.

Decent quality product and super simple mod.

I have fitted the seals from Alexcorp on eBay as recommended above. They were easy to fit and have made a difference to the road noise, although the noise from the tailgate is annoyingly me more now!

Door on drivers side needs a bit of a slam to close it properly, but they do sound better when closing.

Decent quality product and super simple mod.

Hi
I have the same door seals as you, very good
Have you tried wd40 on your tailgate lock?
It made mine a lot quieter

Hi
I have the same door seals as you, very good
Have you tried wd40 on your tailgate lock?
It made mine a lot quieter

I think the noise is road noise coming through the tailgate - I think i will unscrew the panels of carpet / sound deadening and see if i can whack some more insulation behind it! Its not too bad, just trying to make it as quiet as i can.

I think the noise is road noise coming through the tailgate - I think i will unscrew the panels of carpet / sound deadening and see if i can whack some more insulation behind it! Its not too bad, just trying to make it as quiet as i can.

Ok
Mine was creaking and squeaking noises and turned out to be the locking latch
Good luck with yours !

Back