Adding additional seals to the front doors

Door shutting sound is a big improvement, having to shut my drivers door a second time every time I get in is not.
I thought it was just me with the door not shutting there I am cursing the wife for slamming the the passenger door then having to shut the drivers door twice, but on the up side the seals do make a difference :rolleyes:

Fitted the extra seals to my T6 PV, great mod, glad I'm not the only one who has to shut the drivers door twice!!

But do they make any difference to road noise in cabin?
I didn't notice any difference in road noise in mine. Since putting the seals to mine I have driven also a few without and still can't tell. The dominant noise is from tyres which seems to come just "through" the body of the van where door seals probably won't have any effect. I'm doing 99% of driving below 90 km/h (55 mph) so can't comment and haven't compared the noise at higher speeds.

Certainly the seals make a big difference when shutting the doors. Mine close real nicely, no need to slam them- Actually they close even just pulling/pushing the door over last intermediate stop (when door is about 40 cm ajar) and let the door "fall free".

I left a 25mm gap to the top of the seal to let air to escape from between the seals when door is just about to get closed. Also I have air vents in the back of the van open as they were from the factory.

I also have noticed that my seals "from third party, eBay UK" are somewhat softer than OEM ones, a kind of foamy material which probably helps a bit.

The top thing for me is that doorways stay a lot cleaner now.

I'm still trying to work out where you fit the mugs to get such a dramatic noise reduction.
:p

Sheesh, do I have to hold everyones hand with such simple mods. I will give the instructions in idiot proof bullets:

1, Open the chosen door you want to mod first
2, Place the mug around the latch area.
3, Use good quality double sided tape to fix. (I prefer 3M tape)
4, Hold in place for a minimum of 4 hrs, pref overnight.
5, Once the mug is secured firmly, remove your hand.
6, Last but most defiantly not least, slam the door shut to ensure the mug seals correctly.

Feel free to send any pictures of your modification.

I thank you... You're welcome Sir

PS
As for wind noise, I find if you open the door and shake it a little, the noise will stop eventually.

I just added additional front door seals and the difference is night and day to my highline.

Very happy T6 van man :)

Morning XS. Can you post a photo please of where you put the seals. Assuming you have the large and small ones I.e inner and outer.
Cheers.

Fitted mine at the weekend. Awesome improvement cabs quieter. Also fitted dash rubber seal much better

Bought mine via the forum shop and installed circa 16 months ago - they have stayed put since.

Yep bit between dash and windscreen
I should have done one at a time but big improvement from both, went down motorway today and was well impressed
I think I paid £29 for both dash and door seals came with wipes etc off traveling lite, Really easy to fit and sounds like a golf lol makes me smile every time I shut the door and shuts nice once lol every time

Back