adding a fuse terminal to the fuse box - comfort dash

Ukfozzybear

OBDii User
T6 Guru
Hi all,

I'm looking for a some help and advise.
I need a permanent live which I would really like to take from the fuse box. I'm self cabling a tracker and don't want it to use a piggy back for obvious reasons.
There are quite a few live feeds with no fuse in my box e.g. SC6, SC45, SC26. I have the correct size vw fuse terminals, I just want to plug in a connector into the fuse holder

Is there an easy way to get the fuse holder out (with a comfort dash) or is it a full comfort dash removal?
Any advise would be great, even how to remove the comfort dash. thx.

Can you see the tx 30 screw at the bottom of the fuse box ( row of fuses) if you undo this and push the bottom of the fuse box towards the bulkhead and then pull down the fuse rail will come out then pull the purple connector retainer out about 5 mm it will allow you to put the terminal connector in from the rear and then push the purple slider back in

I have done this a couple times but never on a comfort dash, both times i did it i removed the lower centre dash console for access

Can you see the tx 30 screw at the bottom of the fuse box ( row of fuses) if you undo this and push the bottom of the fuse box towards the bulkhead and then pull down the fuse rail will come out then pull the purple connector retainer out about 5 mm it will allow you to put the terminal connector in from the rear and then push the purple slider back in
I’ll give this a go. Thank you very much.

To be fair I’ve got the glove box out and the phone / usb tray. I’m a third of the way to pulling the dash out already. :)

Back