AdBlue Refill Query

I think the 6.1s have a larger tank. Newer vehicles seem to.

When I bought the new Tig, that was showing 13,000 miles range if memory serves me right. Certainly way more that the 6000 miles the T6 shows when filled.
My 6.1 always shows 5500 miles after I fill it up.

I just buy a 10l container. A few months ago tool station were the cheapest I found.
Find a fuel station with an ad blue pump then you don’t have to mess with a big container.
Shell near me is 1.79 (was 78p last year, funny how the price of distilled water has increased at the same rate as diesel).
Anyway, minimum delivery is 5L so when the dash asks for 0.75-1.25 gallons I just do the minimum fill at the pump. No messing.

Find a fuel station with an ad blue pump then you don’t have to mess with a big container.
Shell near me is 1.79 (was 78p last year, funny how the price of distilled water has increased at the same rate as diesel).
Anyway, minimum delivery is 5L so when the dash asks for 0.75-1.25 gallons I just do the minimum fill at the pump. No messing.
What is the fuel price like in Norway?

What is the fuel price like in Norway?
Just paid 22.19NOK which is £1.88.
Has been as cheap as 21.2 (£1.80) and as high as 25.4 (£2.16).
But I’m just topping up whenever I see it in the 22NOK range.
Just paid £1.26 for ad blue.

T6.1 has got two series of engines - the early ones got old engines from T6 (EU6 engines) - engine codes like CXGA, CXGB, CXHA, CXFA, CXEB, CXEC, etc.

More recent T6.1 have engine codes like DNAA, DMZA, etc along with bigger AdBlue tank.

Below a data extract from a DNAA engine - just after AdBlue fill-up:
IDE03142 - Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency: 23980 km​
IDE10247 - Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated: 24.279 l​
IDE10249 - Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value: 127.5 mm (EDIT: line added)
EDIT:
A similar data extract from a T6.1 equipped with CXFA engine
IDE03142 - Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency: 9333.16 km​
IDE10247 - Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated: 16.086 l​
IDE10249 - Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value: 127 mm​

Last edited:
T6.1 has got two series of engines - the early ones got old engines from T6 (EU6 engines) - engine codes like CXGA, CXGB, CXHA, CXFA, CXEB, CXEC, etc.

More recent T6.1 have engine codes like DNAA, DMZA, etc along with bigger AdBlue tank.

Below a data extract from a DNAA engine - just after AdBlue fill-up:
IDE03142 - Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency: 23980 km​
IDE10247 - Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated: 24.279 l​
So the new tanks are just under twice the size? With a 12 month shelf life for AdBlue I wonder will low annual mileage vans start having issues with the sensors reporting low reductant quality because they don’t use the AdBlue before it goes off?

Reactions: mmi
Question I am struggling to find the answer to. The MFD displays gallons. But is it imperial gallons or US gallons when trying to convert it to litres?

Says 2.25-2.25Gal on MFD.

thanks didn’t realise you could change just the adblue quantities to litres, assumed it would change all other volumes to litres as well? Eg will it change it from MPG to MPL?

It probably will but you just change it back once you know how many liters to add.

Back