Download icon

AdBlue Pipe instruction leaflet. 2017-05-31

No permission to download
I see a possible mod to instructions, please confirm if I'm right @Loz , step 5 is the area..
my idea is this..

Attach system, turn container upside down to initiate filling, then hold above adblue filler correct way up.. This will the syphon the ad blue container into tank until label is at that of the base of the long filler tube in tank.. Thus avoiding overfilling..

The longer pipe is not a siphon its the air return.

I ordered one yesterday so will know soon, I think it's circa £15, if the price is reasonable I will look at adding it to the shop along with adblue

I ordered one yesterday so will know soon, I think it's circa £15, if the price is reasonable I will look at adding it to the shop along with adblue
Great, any idea when the interior LED lights will be in stock?

They are in stock plenty available
I have just turned them back on in shop

The ad blue filler pipes are slow at filling, and are just gravity fed, for some reason the one I have just doesn't seem to vent quickly only allowing a trickle.

They are there under internal lighting but there's no picture

We got our wires crossed, my post you quoted was in response to the interior LED lamps someone posted asking about

I got quoted £29 for the adblue filler kit but having seen it I think i will stick to using the normal funnel. I have filled the adblue tank to the top and clocked up nearly 7k and the warning came on that only 1300 miles left which i thought wasnt bad. Have been getting adblue 10l from my dealer, genuine VW stuff for 8.99 plus vat which i thought wasnt bad. ( Quite a lot though when you think its cows piss!)

Noticed many Adblue containers come complete with a filler tube/funnel. Are these generally suitable for topping up the T6 adblue tank or is the specific VW filler required. Just from what I'm picking up in this thread, dont overfill and dont get on the paint work. Is it sensitive to absorbing moisture? Anything else thats relevent to filling up? Thanks

I've been wondering about whether to fill mine up myself or let VW do it for me for a while but, with my van now below 1000 miles before a top up is required, I've had to make a decision and have booked it into Listers at Coventry. At £1.25 per litre it's going to be more expensive but I have been swayed by the discussions on posts earlier this year as regards EGR valves and general Ad Blue issues where potential AD Blue contamination has been cited as a possible (but unlikely?) cause.

I but a specific Audi filler for a 20l container, worked well on my A6. A damn sight cheaper than getting VW to refill it. Adblue is adblue, so long as it has the BS EN number on it.

Agreed @DaveyB but getting them to do it removes any ambiguity if further down the line I do have problems. For me, it also serves to start building a relationship with a VW dealer (my van was supplied via JCT600 at Sheffield but as everything was ordered via Hillside I have had nothing to do with them)

I buy the 10litre ones and it has a small spout stuck to the side, just screw it on and pour the lot in..

Back