AdBlue Pipe instruction leaflet. 2017-05-31

adblue pipe and 5L part numbers plus instructions.

1. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    Roadrunner likes this.
  2. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I see a possible mod to instructions, please confirm if I'm right @Loz , step 5 is the area..
    my idea is this..

Attach system, turn container upside down to initiate filling, then hold above adblue filler correct way up.. This will the syphon the ad blue container into tank until label is at that of the base of the long filler tube in tank.. Thus avoiding overfilling..

T6 Dave's Dad likes this.
  3. Loz

Map
    The longer pipe is not a siphon its the air return.

4. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Aha.. Ta.. I'm a eu5:thumbsup:

5. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Grape Yellow Beach VIP Member T6 Legend

So how much is the add blue filler then

6. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    I ordered one yesterday so will know soon, I think it's circa £15, if the price is reasonable I will look at adding it to the shop along with adblue

Tombs and Roadrunner like this.
  7. Roadrunner

8. Tombs

Tombs Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Great, any idea when the interior LED lights will be in stock?

9. Pauly

Map
    They are in stock plenty available
    I have just turned them back on in shop

10. CumbriaT6

CumbriaT6 Member T6 Pro

Map
    The ad blue filler pipes are slow at filling, and are just gravity fed, for some reason the one I have just doesn't seem to vent quickly only allowing a trickle.

11. Roadrunner

Can't see them in the shop?

12. Pauly

Map
    They are there under internal lighting but there's no picture

13. Roadrunner

Thought it would be in external parts but not showing up on my tablet

14. Pauly

Map
    We got our wires crossed, my post you quoted was in response to the interior LED lamps someone posted asking about

15. John the Gas

John the Gas T30 Highline Van 150 DSG Ir Gry VIP Member

Map
    I got quoted £29 for the adblue filler kit but having seen it I think i will stick to using the normal funnel. I have filled the adblue tank to the top and clocked up nearly 7k and the warning came on that only 1300 miles left which i thought wasnt bad. Have been getting adblue 10l from my dealer, genuine VW stuff for 8.99 plus vat which i thought wasnt bad. ( Quite a lot though when you think its cows piss!)

16. Dieseldonkey

Dieseldonkey 150 DSG Shuttle Conversion VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Noticed many Adblue containers come complete with a filler tube/funnel. Are these generally suitable for topping up the T6 adblue tank or is the specific VW filler required. Just from what I'm picking up in this thread, dont overfill and dont get on the paint work. Is it sensitive to absorbing moisture? Anything else thats relevent to filling up? Thanks

17. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

I've been wondering about whether to fill mine up myself or let VW do it for me for a while but, with my van now below 1000 miles before a top up is required, I've had to make a decision and have booked it into Listers at Coventry. At £1.25 per litre it's going to be more expensive but I have been swayed by the discussions on posts earlier this year as regards EGR valves and general Ad Blue issues where potential AD Blue contamination has been cited as a possible (but unlikely?) cause.

18. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I but a specific Audi filler for a 20l container, worked well on my A6. A damn sight cheaper than getting VW to refill it. Adblue is adblue, so long as it has the BS EN number on it.

19. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Agreed @DaveyB but getting them to do it removes any ambiguity if further down the line I do have problems. For me, it also serves to start building a relationship with a VW dealer (my van was supplied via JCT600 at Sheffield but as everything was ordered via Hillside I have had nothing to do with them)

20. Loz

Map
    I buy the 10litre ones and it has a small spout stuck to the side, just screw it on and pour the lot in..

Salty Spuds likes this.