Download icon

AdBlue Pipe instruction leaflet. 2017-05-31

No permission to download
Just did mine the other day, bought 10 litres from Tesco and pourd it in usein the spout provided no problem

I was getting 10l from my dealer for £11. I bought the genuine VW filler kit for £18 but I find it easier with a funnel pouring it straight in. Just bought 5l for £4.99 at a little garage outside Windsor.

I was getting 10l from my dealer for £11. I bought the genuine VW filler kit for £18 but I find it easier with a funnel pouring it straight in. Just bought 5l for £4.99 at a little garage outside Windsor.
I got the vw filler kit and 10l from the dealer too.....tbh, it's a bit of a pain.

Same here, I use a stool that's about the same height and lay the container on its side and leave it all pour in, who cares if it overflows as it's virtually all water anyway

My previous motor was a cayenne.you don't wanna know what dealers charge.. problem with the cayene is its in the boot and a real pain.i bought a funnel from Halfords,it had a small breather pipe built-in.failing that I know some guys used a LTR bottle of adblu then cut bottom from it,used it as a funnel,there's a valve in there apparently that closes when pulled out,stopping spillage..

I must be missing summat here. I bought a 10L plastic drum of adblue from the local shell garage, it had a screw on plastic spout similar to the ones on petrol cans. I just tipped the whole lot into the adblue tank, no funnel, no fancy filler pipe. I took the empty drum back to the garage & filled it up from the pump at 75p/

Did you brim it? Or did the container empty first?

The MFD was calling for 1-1.3 gallons, I got about 8 litres in & it started to gurgle in the filler pipe so I called it a day. I've filled it twice like that & the MFD has reset showing 4500 miles range.

I don't know if you leave far from "biggest town" because near Biggest town there are fuel stations with ADBLUE pump.
At the beginning, those stations were only used by trucks engines (first Euro 6 engines).
The station manager told that small engines can't use the station because the Adblue flow is very quick (ad blue for trucks has a capacity up to 20 gal) but some people fill their plastic bottle because it's really cheaper (about 0.50 € per litre --> 2.27€ per gallon). Adblue is the same for all engines (Trucks or small engines)
Nowadays, because Euro 6 becomes more and more frequent there are now adblue pump with less flow for small vehicles at the same price.
I live in a very small town and the Adblue station is 30 miles far from my house
I don't know if in GB you have the same adblue pump in fuel stations

I don't know if you leave far from "biggest town" because near Biggest town there are fuel stations with ADBLUE pump.
At the beginning, those stations were only used by trucks engines (first Euro 6 engines).
The station manager told that small engines can't use the station because the Adblue flow is very quick (ad blue for trucks has a capacity up to 20 gal) but some people fill their plastic bottle because it's really cheaper (about 0.50 € per litre --> 2.27€ per gallon). Adblue is the same for all engines (Trucks or small engines)
Nowadays, because Euro 6 becomes more and more frequent there are now adblue pump with less flow for small vehicles at the same price.
I live in a very small town and the Adblue station is 30 miles far from my house
I don't know if in GB you have the same adblue pump in fuel stations
Yep, my local station around the corner has an adblue pump. I used it a couple of weeks ago, simple as filling with diesel, no mess and only 89p litre :)

yesterday for the first time , I filled the Adblue , as we told in France, it's a "children game" , very easy to fill
the pump doesn't look like the petrol or diesel pump because the nozzle has an external cylinder which perfectly fits the neck of Adblue tank to make the sealing tight from any leakage.
The flow is really small and the price is 0,449 € litre --> really competitive

Back