Acc Not Available

SimonTDK

VIP Member
Hey guys

First post here from me in Denmark.

I own a t6 Caravelle 2017, and today on my way on Holliday in Sweden the car suddenly came with this message “ACC not available”

I was driving on the highway at about 120km/h, when the message came. I pulled in on the nearest resting stop, shut the car off, cleaned the front radar and turned the car back on. But it didn’t fix the problem, I drove the remaining 350 kilometers without the cruise control.

Have anyone had this issue before, and can tell me how to fix it?

I have vcds on my laptop, which of cause has been left back home in Denmark.

Welcome to the Forum!

I have seen the same few times without any "environmental interference". Then it has been fine next day. Interestingly nothing seemed to help at the moment but having an overnight rest resumed the ACC back to life.

Last time was more than two years ago so it has been a rare event for me. I couldn't get down to root cause.

Welcome to the Forum!

I have seen the same few times without any "environmental interference". Then it has been fine next day. Interestingly nothing seemed to help at the moment but having an overnight rest resumed the ACC back to life.

Last time was more than two years ago so it has been a rare event for me. I couldn't get down to root cause.

Strange
Tomorrow I’m having the last stretch of my journey, I’ll cross my fingers and hope for the best, if not I have 1100km of driving without the ACC when go home in 10 days.

Strange
Tomorrow I’m having the last stretch of my journey, I’ll cross my fingers and hope for the best, if not I have 1100km of driving without the ACC when go home in 10 days.
So how was the rest of your trip - did the ACC come back to life?

Sorry for not answering, it simply slipped my mind :whistle:

We had an overnight stay at a hotel, and the next day the ACC was back in function. And I haven’t had any issues since. Haven’t got around to check for any faults, with VCDS.

Thanks, just got curious as I got the same fault out of the blue. Nothing special on the sensor. The same fault codes were recorded as for "real blockage" by heavy icing/snowing on the sensor - when heating just is not powerful enough. Restart cleared the fault.

Back