ACC de-activated [RESOLVED]

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Guys

hive help needed. I have driven out to Switzerland on cruise control no issue

now I’m getting an error ACC De activated and I can engage cruise control.
I cleaned the sensors but no joy.
Any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sensors are quite susceptible to knocks and can come un clipped then puts them out of calibration, had a lot of issues on golfs with this issue

Sensor knocks and issues with ABS sensors and module communication can cause this, you would need to scan and read the errors to be sure.

If it is the square sensor at the front It is solid in its place. There is no give or movement.

I can’t remember off hand if that’s just a cover the visible part, should have a couple of screws visible that sit on ball cup type sockets for alignment, they aren’t the greatest of quality and can go out of calibration quite easily, I’ve deactivated mine on my golf via vcds so don’t get any warnings, I know it does not sort it for you but should be able to turn off via the van

I can’t remember off hand if that’s just a cover the visible part, should have a couple of screws visible that sit on ball cup type sockets for alignment, they aren’t the greatest of quality and can go out of calibration quite easily, I’ve deactivated mine on my golf via vcds so don’t get any warnings, I know it does not sort it for you but should be able to turn off via the van
But the issue is I can’t use cruise control on the van. I have an 800 mile journey on the French piage and that’s a real pain.

Really strange. The cover was loose. We drove through a major blizzard on Friday and drove over road heavily gritted.
Took the cover off and it was caked in salt or similar. Wiped it down sprayed WD40 on it and gave it all a good wipe and bingo. All back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ To normal. Go figure

The sensors are quite susceptible to knocks and can come un clipped then puts them out of calibration, had a lot of issues on golfs with this issue
Yep I definitely taking it in when I get back for them to have a look. I shave to check 1st whether it is covered by the extended warranty.

I don’t think it will be, when I had this on our Touareg, they charged me £110 as it has to have a 4wheel alignment before the radar can be calibrated.

Really strange. The cover was loose. We drove through a major blizzard on Friday and drove over road heavily gritted.
Took the cover off and it was caked in salt or similar. Wiped it down sprayed WD40 on it and gave it all a good wipe and bingo. All back ‍♂ To normal. Go figure

I had similar recently ACC deactivated with a message to clean the sensor and on taking the cover off salt was behind.

The swiss normally dont use grit on the roads as its crap and doesnt work - I have never seen it on roads only pavements.

They either spray a liquid salt solution via booms or a pure fine salt powder via a broadcaster on back of the truck, everything melts in about 30/45 mins.

I STRONGLY advise you to run the van through a car wash with the under body wash option . It will be marked "unterbodenwäsche"

I had similar recently ACC deactivated with a message to clean the sensor and on taking the cover off salt was behind.

The swiss normally dont use grit on the roads as its crap and doesnt work - I have never seen it on roads only pavements.

They either spray a liquid salt solution via booms or a pure fine salt powder via a broadcaster on back of the truck, everything melts in about 30/45 mins.

I STRONGLY advise you to run the van through a car wash with the under body wash option . It will be marked "unterbodenwäsche"
The blizzard was bad roads were on the French side. Car wash not sure about that. But I will be getting it cleaned underneath on my return

But the issue is I can’t use cruise control on the van. I have an 800 mile journey on the French piage and that’s a real pain.
Don’t worry just drive like the French, foot to the floor, talk about the Gendarme turning a blind eye. Maybe that doesn’t apply to Brit’s?

Back