Ac Air Temp

stuart-t6

T6 Pro
has anyone measured the temp of the AC air at the vents? I am not convinced mine is as cold as it should me !
Thanks

has anyone measured the temp of the AC air at the vents? I am not convinced mine is as cold as it should me !
Thanks
Never tested it but if you're unsure I'd say you have a right to be based on the fact mine is cold from the moment it goes on. I am suitably impressed with its performance.

I would say 30 seconds from engine on and cold air start pumping, it’s not mega but I think this down to the size of the space I am trying cool (Kombi) but no complaints here either

Yes, it's not as cold as a car but mine's been just about coping with the recent onslaught of heat

Thanks
I've been thinking the same thing but put it down to the size of the area its trying to cool along with the current heatwave. Normally i find it works ok but mine does seem to be struggling at the min.

Well I measured the temp today it was reading 32 outside probably less, and the vans ac was putting out air at around 7-8deg so it’s probally me as it’s rarely this hot in the uk!.
But I was surprised to read on the VW website that a cars AC can loose up to 10% of its refrigerant a year!.
Probably hence why Vw kindly send me a letter a month ago touting for a ac service!.
I will probably get it done next year just before it’s 3 years old!

It seems to vary a lot between cars, I remember an E39 5 series I had back in the day that blew air out really cold and nothing I had was quite like it until a Jag XF I had where the air coming out the vents was so cold it physically hurt holding a hand in front and you had to move it. The air coming out the T6 vents is nowhere near as cold, but it's enough to cool the van down, it just takes longer. My current Volvo air output temperature is somewhere between the two. Hired a Lexus once when in the states and the AC in that was magnificent, went from sweltering 35 degrees and massive humidity to ice cold within 30 seconds of starting the engine.

Mine was tested for 10 days in Ireland where it reached 32.5 degrees outaide and I was pleased with the output. Really happy with my aircon.

Just to add ours is doing a good job keeping us cool in france and we rarely turn to blower above 2

Back