Very little air coming out of windscreen air vents

KenA

I've noticed that hardly any warm air comes out the windscreen air vents, even when the foot well/face/winscreen dial is set to 12 o'clock and the temp dial to max.

I'm 99% certain that in the past, this would be pumping warm air out and would defrost an iced windscreen in no time at all. Now it's taking more than 5 minutes.

Have you got a good flow from other settings - assuming that the cabin filter is not clogged up ? If so then more than likely to be the blend motor linkage that has failed. If you operate the blend control knob with the engine off you can hear the heater flaps moving.

Have you got a good flow from other settings - assuming that the cabin filter is not clogged up ? If so then more than likely to be the blend motor linkage that has failed. If you operate the blend control knob with the engine off you can hear the heater flaps moving.
Thanks for the reply. There's good flow from the other settings, but whether it's in full windscreen or a combination of windscreen and feet, the flow from the windscreen vents is just a trickle, although slightly stronger towards the middle of the windscreen.

With the engine off, I can hear whirring at every setting.

Back