About time too!

8balladdict

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi all!

So just wanted to say hello!! I have finally joined the VW club. I've loved the original campers and converted Transporters since time began pretty much. Really don't know why its taken me over 36 years to get one!

But at last I have....I've just picked this bute....

IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1867.JPG

Its a 2016 140PS SWB T6 Kombi! It took a long time to find and many many headaches at trying to decide which model/age/spec one to get. Had it two days and so far very very happy with it.

It's standard inside at the moment, I plan on doing a partial conversion, mainly because the main focus is having room to keep my road bike in without having to take the wheel off...So that limits my options for what I do inside.

That being said, I have many plans of things I want to do to it (Soundproof, insulate, carpet, leisure battery, lighting etc etc) so I'm sure I will have many questions and be looking for much advise. At the same time, I'm also happy to share my experience in this process and help other where I can.

More pics to follow....already took some badges off the back to clean it up and added some wind deflectors to the windows. Roof rails, rear bumper cover and smoked LED rear tail light clusters (I couldn't help myself...how good do they look!) are all in the post, as is the private plate and I'm sure lots of other bits and pieces will be the end of the weekend!

So now I've officially said hello, I'll start posting in the other forums. Very excited to be part of the club!

Cheers guys :smile bounce:

Welcome to team white @8balladdict
Lovely looking van. Haven't seen those black front wing adornments leading up to the side indicators before. What are they?

Welcome fellow roadie.
I've converted mine for camper duties, but will still be putting half a dozen road bikes in it for a trip to the Mont Blanc area in a few weeks time.

Welcome fellow whitey, van looks cool.
:eek: You've got the LED headlights!! :cry: I'm getting the OEM rear LED tails delivered on Monday but I can't justify the silly money for the fronts! Fair play, they do look awfully nice! :thumbsup:

Welcome to team white @8balladdict
Lovely looking van. Haven't seen those black front wing adornments leading up to the side indicators before. What are they?
IMG_1879.JPG
They we're put on there from the dealer I bought it off. They did the styling so I guess that's their mark. Wasn't initially sold on them but....going to leave them on there for the time being. There was one on the back too.....thats gone though, along with the random 'highline' letters from the bottom of the tailgate....
IMG_1924.PNG

Welcome fellow roadie.
I've converted mine for camper duties, but will still be putting half a dozen road bikes in it for a trip to the Mont Blanc area in a few weeks time.

I'd be interested in knowing more about what you've done. Do you still manage to get your bike on the inside with a bed? Thats the ongoing conundrum I'm having at the moment. How to have room for a bike plus bed and other stuff etc. Not looking to put a sink and cooker in as going to get an awning for all that stuff.

We're did you get it, I've seen a few for sale at Stanton Harcourt when I went through that looked nice

I didn't know there was a place at Standlake that did transporters. Do they just sell them or do they do accessories et al.
Truth is the garage has been there for years and sold fuel once and did repairs. It has changed hands quite a few times but lately it looks like they have started selling transporters. They seem to have some nice stuff in from time to time.

Truth is the garage has been there for years and sold fuel once and did repairs. It has changed hands quite a few times but lately it looks like they have started selling transporters. They seem to have some nice stuff in from time to time.
They do still sell fuel by all accounts too....

I'd be interested in knowing more about what you've done. Do you still manage to get your bike on the inside with a bed? Thats the ongoing conundrum I'm having at the moment. How to have room for a bike plus bed and other stuff etc. Not looking to put a sink and cooker in as going to get an awning for all that stuff.

Internal bike space is somewhat limited - so it's much easier to take the front wheel off to get one or two inside. For putting lots in, we'll take wheels, pedals and seats off, wrap the frames in bubble wrap and put the wheels into wheel bags.

The frames will either sit on the floor or possibly I'll put the bed down, protect it with mats/rugs and put the frames on there.

InSideDoor.jpg 5Bed.jpg

Back