A question for all you cyclists re the worth or not of a mountain bike.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi, decided to have a tidy out of the garage, and thought its time to get rid of this as I never use it. Its a size L (it has an 'L sticker on the frame).
I'm not sure how old it is, but I do know it is till on its original tyres - so very little use.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 11.19.05.png

Now my question is, is it worth anything to sell? I really dont want to put it in a land fill site.

Thanks for any input.

Either FB market place like above or you might be able to find a charity near you that gives bikes like that to people in need :thumbsup:

There are many bike charities around that would be glad of something like that.

Or if you just want rid, leave it outside with a for sale sign on it. I know a bloke that had a knackered mower. Rather than take it to the tip, he left it outside his house. It was still there in the morning, so he put a for sale sign on it. The next morning it was gone.

Thanks for the replies.

There are many bike charities around that would be glad of something like that.

Or if you just want rid, leave it outside with a for sale sign on it. I know a bloke that had a knackered mower. Rather than take it to the tip, he left it outside his house. It was still there in the morning, so he put a for sale sign on it. The next morning it was gone.
That reminds me of the day I replaced the radiator in my hallway. I managed to drag the old one outside the front door but not much further as it was very heavy. I nipped out to Wickes for a few bits and pieces. When I got home it had gone. Just a trail of rusty brown water down the drive :/

….or if you just want rid, leave it outside with a for sale sign on it. I know a bloke that had a knackered mower. Rather than take it to the tip, he left it outside his house. It was still there in the morning, so he put a for sale sign on it. The next morning it was gone.
That happened to my boss with an old desk. Put a ‘free’ sign on it and it didn’t go, so he stuck ‘£50’ on it and someone took it! :rofl:

Last edited:
Saracen dirt trax 2001?

Back