A New Owner...

Dawson

Hi
Just in the process of buying our first camper van from Bridgewater Campers in Manchester. A T6 17 reg Leisuredrive Crusader 2.0l 102 ps TDI 5spd manual with 31 kmiles for 39k. This seems reasonable, any opinions?

Also need advice on:
Awnings- do you have a standard awning and then fit a tent around it; or does the awning form a tent.
I want a bike rack, the van has barn doors, any recommendations.
Finally this is a massive purchase for us , do we need any additional security for van? It will be parked on the street in Manchester!

Thanks

Dawson

Hi
Just in the process of buying our first camper van from Bridgewater Campers in Manchester. A T6 17 reg Leisuredrive Crusader 2.0l 102 ps TDI 5spd manual with 31 kmiles for 39k. This seems reasonable, any opinions?

Also need advice on:
Awnings- do you have a standard awning and then fit a tent around it; or does the awning form a tent.
Finally this is a massive purchase for us , do we need any additional security for van? It will be parked on the street in Manchester!

Thanks

Dawson

Have you been to Leisuredrive to look at what they have and compare the price? It might give you an idea if the one you look at is value?

Hi @Dawson welcome to the forum

Here is a thread to do with awnings for a start that might give you some ideas :thumbsup:

Show us your awning

Also if you search Ghost immobiliser I know theres a few people very happy with it

Hello @Dawson welcome to the forum, I've not been to Manchester in many years, I'm not sure if you can still leave your back door open at night and no one robs your milk money. :whistle:

However it's a bog standard builders van with very little built in security, the converters have kindly changed it into a £40k motor still with hardly any built in security.

I would "defo" add some layers of security, Ghost immobilizer, steering lock, or pedal lock & tracker.

Good luck with your purchase. :thumbsup:

Hi

Also need advice on:

Thanks

Dawson
Hi Dawson,
we just now in the process of buying from Bridgewater Campers. Could I ask you what they have been like in terms of customer service and after sales? Thanks.

Hi

Also need advice on:

Thanks

Dawson
I can recommend the Thule Velospace XT tow bar bike rack. Obviously you’ll need a tow bar though.

You can get barn door mounted racks aswell.

I can recommend the Thule Velospace XT tow bar bike rack. Obviously you’ll need a tow bar though.

You can get barn door mounted racks aswell.
I think Dawson must have had his van pinched as he also asked about security - one post only and not seen since Aug 2019 :slow rofl:

Back