A Big Thumbs Up for Goodyear Cargo Vector 2.

dubLU

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Due to some low tread tyre issues and one alloy needing refurbishment I started looking around for a change up. Being a newbie to the T6 world and not the adventurous type nor blingy type I decided to get some Devonports as many seemed to come up.
The ones I managed to snag had Goodyear Vector Cargo 2's (GCV2) on, did'nt mention this in the advert. Granted I had only driven Claytons with Hancooks cargo tyres before, but OMG these are amazing. My vans only a 102 so not looking for car like performance, but these exceeded any expectations I had. I was that thrilled I went back to a small campsite in Wrexham. Previously I had failed to climb a not to steep grass / earth track to a nice top isolated pitch and had had to settle for a lower pitch amongst too many sweaty mountainbikers. Soon after I had to watch a 4x4 waltz up the said hill.
On my return The GCV2 tyres took me straight up, in wetter conditions, no tyre spins, no slips and no slides no driving skills needed, just "up we went". YEY.
Sadly the pitch was actually poor, with too many views of bits and bobs you didn't wanna view that are typically around a campsite, but at least I got there, even though i went straight back down to hide amongst the trees etc. Any newb wanting a subtle but performance boosting upgrade, Devonports and GCV2's will not disappoint.

I am on Claytons with Falken Linams which are 107/109 rated. Loads of thread on them but so tempted by a better set of quality tyres... And Devonports.

is there that much of a difference in the quality of the drive?

Back