75-Telematics -- Status: Malfunction 0010

chris ratay

World Traveler: 2023 T6.1 Ocean 204 w diff lock
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Got this Telematics error the other day. Cleared it first with Carista and then with VCDS, but it keeps coming back. On the dash.

Vehicle says everything is fine and there are no warning lights, but there's a periodic chime that's low and pings 3x.

Traveling in South America. Any specific instructions would be appreciated.1000062712.jpg1000062715.jpg1000062726.jpg1000063258.jpg

Most telematics modules have a built in backup battery.
In your case the module itself reports a fault, claiming that this battery has a 0 mAh capacity left.
Typically these batteries are 7.3V and capacity of 1390mAh.
I would try to replace it.

The telematics boxes have been slightly problematic on the T6.1 with lots of examples of units showing errors, i think earlier vans got a software update but have heard of quite a few getting replacement modules but never seen one myself so not sure what error codes are typical for these in comparison to what you have ?

Most telematics modules have a built in backup battery.
In your case the module itself reports a fault, claiming that this battery has a 0 mAh capacity left.
Typically these batteries are 7.3V and capacity of 1390mAh.
I would try to replace it.
Thanks. Any idea where the battery is? I'm in Argentina and they don't sell these vehicles here.

My Google searches on my phone have also been fruitless, so any other hints/specifics would be greatly appreciated.

Just cleared these a few minutes ago
1000063417.jpg

Not sure I would worry about it, if your in a country where the box has nothing to communicate too then seems little point getting overly concerned

Not sure I would worry about it, if your in a country where the box has nothing to communicate too then seems little point getting overly concerned
The chime every 1-4 minutes was super annoying. It seems to have stopped, but not sure why, or if it will remain quiet or...

My MAN TGE (VW Crafter with different badges) reports that the Telematics battery is low, my dealer says that it is not replaceable and the whole unit will need changing. Not my problem as the vehicle has an extended warranty!

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
On T6.1 the battery status is available via VCDS advanced measurement values - below snippets from two different vans.

1714212501074.png

Per wiring diagram the unit 75-Telematics (J949) connects to KL30a wiring harness - thus permanent 12V there.

@mmi thanks for the update and info.

I have just been and looked at the status of mine in the TGE after yesterday's journey. All good now!

Address 75: Telematics (5WA 035 284 G)
12:53:04
IDE11307-IDE01839 eCall battery status-Battery charge level
99%​
IDE11307-MAS08415 eCall battery status-Battery statusnormal
ENG254564-ENG255490 Backup_Battery_SoH-BUB_ci
85.738​
ENG254564-ENG256057 Backup_Battery_SoH-mcharge_time
3625​
S
ENG254564-ENG256085 Backup_Battery_SoH-mSoH
93​
ENG254564-ENG256302 Backup_Battery_SoH-rSoH
94​

On T6.1 the battery status is available via VCDS advanced measurement values - below snippets from two different vans.

View attachment 238465

Per wiring diagram the unit 75-Telematics (J949) connects to KL30a wiring harness - thus permanent 12V there.
Thanks. The van is parked in Buenos Aires for the next 7 months. When I return I'll take it to Patagonia.

Is this something that can be ignored, or will it cause problems. If problematic, is it a simple or difficult fix?

I have a local mechanic who works on new Amarok (Euro 2)

Thanks. The van is parked in Buenos Aires for the next 7 months. When I return I'll take it to Patagonia.

Is this something that can be ignored, or will it cause problems. If problematic, is it a simple or difficult fix?

I have a local mechanic who works on new Amarok (Euro 2)
Your main concern if leaving the van parked for that length of time will be the engine battery charged. I guess you will either disconnect that or have some means of trickle charging that battery whilst it's parked.
I believe that the telematics module is of little use in your country due to its lack of ability to communicate so the battery in that discharging is of no consequence. i.e. don't worry about it.

Back