7170 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s) - Any clues? + Testing the LTE antenna?

SamDicks

VIP Member
Hello,

Got a funky one for all on your brains out there.

VW T6.1 and have this fault on the Telematics 7170 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s), I can't work out what is causing it or if there is a bug in a module. Point to note the LTE antenna has been relocated which is the only item I can link it too.

Do you know if there is way of testing the LTE antenna, I've had a look on output tests on VCDS.

Log is attached,

Thank you in advance,
Sam

Attachments

• Log-TELEMATICS-WV1ZZZ7HZLH016240.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 8
You need to post a complete scan for it to make sense

Normally when it says missing message it means there is a fault in another module and the fault message is passed across the canbus and upsets other modules

Reactions: mmi
sorry pauly, I up loaded the wrong one.

Thanks for your speedy response, yes I had thought this might be the case.

Attachments

• Log-FULLSCAN-WV1ZZZ7HZLH016240-13748km-8542mi.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 13

Pauly, thanks the link. I had read that already without much insight to solving the error message.

Does it return if reset ?
Lots of faults track back to low battery voltage and yours looks low during the scan ?

It does return if reset, the battery level is ok. Have done while engine running and after a full charger with my mains charger to eliminate that.

Not related to the fault but does your van have ABS based Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

Hmmm.... the fault seems to be a common one -

Perhaps it is true that system has been 'adjusted/turned off' in the UK as per the first RT thread ??

It (75) works for @Skyliner33 and also for these in the UK -

It (75) works for @Skyliner33 and also for these in the UK -
I,m not quite sure which bit you are saying works for me, but I can’t get the TPMS to work.

Has no TPMS.

I have not edited or changed any code which is why this has got me thinking something else could be the issue.

However I have a funky feeling that something may have been retrofitted before I got my hands on it, perhaps so coding done. I say this as it had an awfully terrible heated seat install. Which a VW dealership had fitted!

Has no TPMS.
A bit curious about the scan vs. van configuration:
  • Does the van has standard Cruise Control or Adaptive Cruise Control?
  • Does it have "small" brakes (thus possibly had 16" wheels)
  • Is it T30 or T32?
  • Is it Short Wheel Base (SWB)?

Back