4Motion addiction

Blunny

gHgRfLcjAq99RW6P9

G'day members.

I'm addicted

I've come across from Transit vans so am appreciating the refinements. The transits we get in Australia can't be spec'd up to the same levels as what the Euro and British vans are but are still great for my business but the Transporter is a next level drive. If it was a pure business machine I'd stick with the Transit but as I'm aiming for a do everything van the 4 motion is awesome.

I've had my 4motion swb for nearly a year now and love it. DSG, tdi400, diff lock, and heavy duty suspension. I'm planning to line it out and use it for everything from transporting my dirt bike, my business (electrical contractor) and hopefully some camping using a modular, removable system.
Plans are to have it mapped and bilstein shocks. Not interested in lowering as i need the height when i go off road.

Looking forward to learning more about my new toy!

Hello and Welcome
Thats a very well spec'd van.
Like you, I love a high end spec.
What is the power output of a tdi400?, is the 400, 400NM of torque?

Yes Nm figures.
I'm actually feeling like I may have been led astray by the dealer as i would have waited for the 450 if i'd have known it was availible.

Yes Nm figures.
I'm actually feeling like I may have been led astray by the dealer as i would have waited for the 450 if i'd have known it was availible.
So Iguess the 450 would be a Euro6 Engine? our 204BiTDI

Yes i believe so.
They've just announced a T6.1 due mid 2020. I'll wait until then and order a 450. Main thing I'll be ordering in my next transporter is a front bench seat. Silly oversight on my behalf this time around.

Hey Blunny,
I just picked up my T6 4motion SWB Transporter yesterday (diff lock & all) . I am so impressed with it. Now for the fun of the build. Definitely a little more challenging here in AUS.

Plan is for a lift, solar setup, diesel air heating and water + insulation. I think its going to take a while. Rib seat will be installed in Brisbane mid August.

Fun, fun.

hi, i'm based in melbourne and have been looking for t6 4motion with mechanical diff lock for a little while now but am not having much luck. I'm now considering going all in and buying an swb 6.1 panel van so I can spec it how I want it. I will eventually lift it, probably the Seikel approach, so is there any point in specifying the upgraded suspension and stabiliser bars or should I go with the bog standard? Same applies for the under body kit? I will be setting it up a bit like @wojo as a multifunction van. Anyone have an idea on wait times for the 6.1 4motion with diff lock? I'm stuck in the UK and cannot order until an airline lets me but ideally need it quite quickly for work...

Arent they all on back order anyway? Order what you want as by the time youre allowed back in it may have arrived....especially if youre trying to get back into VicDanistan!
I ordered a base model with diff lock, slowly adding bits as required. Only problem seems to be the front PDC upgrade. Any clues?

Back