3/4 Bed Or 4 Foot Bed With Less Storage?

K beads

If everything else was identical which would you choose

£30,400 with a 3/4 42”(107cm) bed and lots of storage

£30,700 with a double 48" (120cm) bed and not quite so much storage

My personal choice was proper full width bed (using Caravelle rear bench) as I have no intention of cooking in the van, and I use plastic storage boxes for stuff. This gives me maximum flexibility, and the built in storage that I have seen, is pretty limited for my purposes.
Be critical of your requirements...a decent sleep was very important for me and my wife.

I'll be going full width using the caravelle system with a slidepod for storage and parcel shelf / end of bed when the time comes. I'm not having a pop top though so bed space is important, also not interested in cooking and washing up inside the van.

How much storage do you need vs bed space is the question you have to ask yourself mate.

I went the other way, as we have two small kids, so sacrificed bed space for storage. Could you go to a dealer and sit on (and lay in if they’ll let you) both options.

it’s an expensive mistake if you get it wrong!

I went narrower to allow space for cooker/sink/storage etc. but then it’s often just me in the VW on walking/climbing trips and I crash out in a sleeping bag at the end of the day. Depends very much on your intended use of the van I suppose.

Me and Mrs are both over 6' and there is no way we could sleep on anything narrower than full width. Currently its a king size memory foam mattress on a home made deck. Been looking at a sliding full width to max the LWB we have options. We cook on camping stove and the full width with plastic crates provides loads of storage that's easy to remove from the van when you want to repack.

Back